Take me out to the Ballgame....

I think Theo (Cubs GM) overpaid :D. We got a haul of minor league talent. Someone said that because the Sox have done poorly at drafting and developing prospects, we traded Quintana & Sale to teams that do have very strong minor league systems. An insider said that Sox GM Rick Hahn called Theo Sunday night and said we are dealing Quintana Monday. Theo sweetened the pot, & now the Cubs have a solid #2 starter.
Right now the Sox have 9 of the top 100 prospects, 2 in the top 10.:) But the Sox will still stink up the league next year. It's bad. But it's bad fun.:p
I meant in general. Isn't it taboo for the two teams to exchange players ?

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
'Rookie' the Bat Dog Ignores Bat, Plays Fetch With the Pitcher Instead - The Dogington Post

Front Page News
‘Rookie’ the Bat Dog Ignores Bat, Plays Fetch With the Pitcher Instead

upload_2017-7-20_19-40-38.jpeg

Open link for video.

Reactions: Paintman
What happened 29 years ago in Chicago land ? Night baseball.

By the 1987 season, night baseball had existed in the Major Leagues for over 52 years. Beginning at the Reds' Crosley Field on May 24, 1935, each team gradually adopted the trend. There was just one holdout -- the Chicago Cubs.

The traditionalist team had put off adding lights almost as long as possible, but in Wrigley Field's 75th season, the Cubs decided that they were ready to enter the modern era. Fixtures were placed on the venerable old building, and the Cubs' game against the Phillies on Aug. 8, 1988, was to be the lights' debut.

More:. The Cubs turned the lights on at Wrigley Field 29 years ago today

Reactions: Debi
A Spiritual Inning

ST. PETERSBURG -- Right-hander Rick Porcello tore through the fifth inning so quickly in the Red Sox's 8-2 winvs. the Rays on Wednesday night at Tropicana Field that he didn't realize he had authored an immaculate inning and a piece of Major League Baseball history.

Porcello required only the minimum nine pitches to strike out three Rays in the fifth. The reigning American League Cy Young Award winner fanned Trevor Plouffe on a slider and Wilson Ramos on a four-seam fastball, with Mallex Smith taking a called strike three on a two-seamer over the inside edge.

"It's hard to keep track when you don't throw a ball or anything like that," Porcello said. "I didn't realize it until Blaine [Boyer] came up here and said, 'I got that ball for you.' And I was like, 'What ball are you talking about?' He said, 'The immaculate inning.'

"It was pretty cool. It's hard to do, so it's a nice little moment."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Source for more:. Red Sox's Rick Porcello has immaculate inning

Reactions: Debi
Nats-Victory-formation.png

" Victory Formation " The Nationals greet newcomer Howie Kendrick at home plate after he hits a walk off GRAND SLAM to complete their THIRD GAME in less than 24 hours. The boys are tired no doubt. Good thing they get Monday off this week. I don't know if the Nats will win it all this year, but they are having fun on their journey.

Heidi-Believe-Baseball.png

The caption read " Gotta love a girl who believes in baseball ."
I agree and I do ( Mrs C ). That's MLB TV's Heidi Watney in the picture,
almost as pretty as Mrs C.