Taco Throwdown

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

There are so many ways to tackle a Taco!
What do you like on yours?
Best Taco you've ever had?
Ever had a fish or lobster taco?
421458296_946969736997538_2618611569641334210_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
Tacos!!

It should not be too surprising that I love tacos. My goto is the humble "Street Taco" which consists of carne asada, cilantro, onion and sometimes a sprinkling of cotija cheese in a freshly fried corn tortilla. The tortilla doesn't need to be particularly crunchy, just warmed up is good or soft with just a bit of crisp.

Seafood tacos are very good as well. I've had fish tacos and shrimp tacos. One place in California had ceviche tacos with a habanero mango salsa that were fantastic. There was another taco place that had all the "odd" meats like tounge and brain, but my favorite were their tripas tacos which were made with crispy fried tripe. I thought tripe was good in menudo but fried up like that it was like beef flavored bacon.

fish taco
I do not do fish tacos. I love seafood, but to me, any type of fish does not belong in a taco lol. If i want a taco, it's gonna have meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. No fish lol. I do love making double decker tacos every so often. Which is the combo of hard and soft taco held together by refried beans. Very filling, so can only eat a few.

but my favorite were their tripas tacos which were made with crispy fried tripe
Never heard of this but I'd give it a go. Anyone that could make tripe taste good I take my hat off to. I just remember my grandma cooking it in milk and parsley, it was like eating an eraser, lol. I like soft tacos with beef, salad, jalapenos, cheese and hot sauces.