strangely strange ..

Maurice

Reaction score
I work and travel as a musician in the UK .. last January 2016. it was just another gig at another hotel ..
The usual greeting .. Thank you for choosing to stay with us ... here is your room key ..your room is 359 .. the lift and stairs are through reception to the right..enjoy your stay.
Thank you .. I hate lifts but with suitcase and guitar in tow the stairs were realy not an option . so the lift it was, once inside the small shuttle rumbled me up to my destination, it didnt feel safe and I was much relieved to hear "doors open" wasting no time in stepping out to safety of the corridoor. looking for the room I muttered outloud "now which is 359? " suddenly a voice from behind me said "excuse me? "did I hear you say you were looking for room 359 ? I turned to see a tall white haired gentleman standing behind me .. ah "yes.. I said" expecting directions... instead he said " oh thats my room " let me see your key number?.. I held it to the light and we checked it out .. there was no mistake it was number 359 ..
There is a mix up.. he said "my wife is in there now" You will have to go down to reception I am sure they will sort it out, He grasped at my suitcase and said "I will help you with your bag" and before I could think he ushered me to the lift and we set off again in the rumbling lift to the ground floor. we made small talk about previous hotel double bookings and how easily these thing happen.. He was very well spoken polite and helpful ..but there was something odd.. he looked very pale and intense in his mannor.. and was dressed in 50's style Summer clothes.
When we arrived downstairs he didnt offer to come to the reception .. he simply said goodbye and walked out of the side door and into the cold rainy street dressed in clothes more suited to a Summer evening stroll than the grizly January weather.
I approached the reception desk .. they checked the boooks and assured me there was no one in the room i.e. the room was vacant and ready for me. I told the tale and I described the man but they had no knowledge of anyone staying in the hotel of that description .. they checked and double checked and even gave me an upgrade to room 453 on the next floor,
I was now in room 453 .. a free upgrade not that I even saw inside room 359 .. naturally it was still puzzling me who the guy was and what his motives were ..?
Looking around the room I noticed a note pad on the dressing table and on it was the number 359 (my original room number) this had been written there before I had even entered the room ..written by whom ?
Anyway.. my gig went well and on my return I told the story to the night duty reception guy who looked scared stiff and he said he could check out the CCTV .. he did .. later they told me there was no sign of the man or anyone of his discription on the CCTV any where in the hotel and I could be clearly be seen leaving the lift area alone !
I had looked out for the man but he never showed for dinner or breakfast and no one saw him or anyone of his discription in the Hotel ,,.

Last edited:
Hello there. I welcome you to the forum, I've not been on here much this week so must have missed you. As for your story...freaky! Stick around this place and you'll hear others who have experienced many odd incidents like yours. I wonder if he had died there way back when and is sticking around to be helpful...or just to be a pain and make things all confusing. I guess we will never know. My senses started tingling when you said he was pale. Can't say why, just seemed off.
So, anyway, welcome again. I am sure as a traveling musician you have many stories to tell!
kk catch you laters

Wow that's an incredible expierence !! Sounds like a ghost or angel to me.

Reactions: Maurice and Mokey
What a great story, Maurice. Do either of those room numbers 359 or 453 mean anything to you ? When something doesn't seem just right, it's probably not. The stranger reads like a ghost to me, causing mischief. I have never encountered such a being myself. Just going on what I have read or heard.

Reactions: Maurice and Lynne
What a great story, Maurice. Do either of those room numbers 359 or 453 mean anything to you ? When something doesn't seem just right, it's probably not. The stranger reads like a ghost to me, causing mischief. I have never encountered such a being myself. Just going on what I have read or heard.
Critrer you read my mind. That's a great question. !

Reactions: Maurice
I would love to figure it out but the numbers mean nothing to me .. some say they are both gaurdian angel numbers but I dont know .....that was the most recent of 3 things I have experienced in my lifetime. I have one more experience to share whic is even more weird it happened years ago when I was in Norfolk with my wife .. I will post it later when I more time.. ty

I would love to figure it out but the numbers mean nothing to me .. some say they are both gaurdian angel numbers but I dont know .....that was the most recent of 3 things I have experienced in my lifetime. I have one more experience to share whic is even more weird it happened years ago when I was in Norfolk with my wife .. I will post it later when I more time.. ty
Numbers. A very wise one explained to me dream numbers once. They often correlate to the alphabet. You might have to unscramble them, but messages, meaningful ones, are often given through numbers that correlate to the alphabet. 1 = A, 2=B, etc. Try it and see if it brings you something.

Reactions: Lynne and Maurice
Also, try looking up the number of a chapter in a book that means a lot to you. Whether it is the Bible, or the Torah etc. or even a book that you hold close to your heart regardless of your religious leanings. I dreamt of a number recently & seeing your post made me look my number up after yours. A Psalm came up with a huge meaning to me personally. And I'm not a particularly religious person but the words have great meaning to my current situation. Try doing the same with those numbers. It seems to me almost as if whoever or whatever this being was, they tried telling you to maybe look at both but choose the second instead of the first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Also, try looking up the number of a book that means a lot to you. Whether it is the Bible, or the Torah, or even a book that you hold close to your heart regardless of your religious leanings. I dreamt of a number recently & seeing your post made me look my number up after yours. A Psalm came up with a huge meaning to me personally. And I'm not a particularly religious person but the words have great meaning to my current situation. Try doing the same with those numbers. It seems to me almost as if whoever or whatever this being was, they tried telling you to maybe look at both but choose the second instead of the first.
Nice advice, RedWolf. :)

Reactions: Lynne and RedWolf