Stick Figures on Mars

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Curiosity rover sends image of 'stick figures' on Mars | Daily Mail Online

What ARE the mysterious 'stick figures' on Mars? NASA's Curiosity rover sends back image of 'very peculiar targets'
  • New image released by NASA's Curiosity Mars rover has revealed mysterious 'stick-like figures' on the planet
  • Space agency is not sure what they are, though they could be crystals or minerals in gaps where crystals were
  • Observations of the area captured from orbit also revealed it has an unusual blue hue on some spots
NASA’s Curiosity Mars rover has spotted a set of mysterious ‘stick-like figures’ on the red planet.

In a photo shared to the rover’s Twitter account this week, NASA revealed a look at the unusual formations recently discovered on the face of a Martian rock.

It’s unclear what exactly created the quarter-inch-long ‘stick-figures,’ though the space agency says they could be crystals or minerals left in the gaps where crystals dissolved.

Full story and video at site.

Reactions: Benway
I don’t see it. It looks like a bunch of rocks to me. I’m shocked they care about something a quarter of an inch long when there’s so many other obvious things to look at.

Reactions: Debi