Stevedog's Glimmer Man

I was thinking the sound was made from a dimensional interference of some sort too. To pass through a solid it would make sense that the being would have to change its physical make up to pass through something, maybe by speeding up its molecular structure, idk if that would make a noise, but maybe as it passed through. The entire event is strange because it hits on so many topics. It involves an unknow and somewhat invisible entity that moves outside the parameters of our physical world, and that process may evolve manipulating time and space. You have hit all the big mysteries we discuss here. Do you remember if you heard the same noise as it left? in other words, you heard the thud prior to finding the objects moved, did you hear it again as it could have been moving out?
I didn't hear a second noise. I kinda figured that it rushed in so there was an "impact", but when It left it was probably slower. Similar to stepping into a swimming pool vs running and jumping in cannonball style.

Although I do like Debis apportation idea. I've heard that people who Astral project will hear or feel a knocking when coming back to this plane. I wonder if there is a connection.

I didn't hear a second noise. I kinda figured that it rushed in so there was an "impact", but when It left it was probably slower. Similar to stepping into a swimming pool vs running and jumping in cannonball style.

Although I do like Debis apportation idea. I've heard that people who Astral project will hear or feel a knocking when coming back to this plane. I wonder if there is a connection.
You explained that really well

Reactions: Debi
Woah. Do you have any idea what it is or could be? A ghost? Is there a similar creature in mythology?

Reactions: Stevedog
There are creatures in Norse mythology, the Elves, who are see through and can pass through and manipulate matter. Maybe you saw something similar.

Reactions: Stevedog and Lynne
Woah. Do you have any idea what it is or could be? A ghost? Is there a similar creature in mythology?
I've had the theory that these things are the inspiration for a lot of folklore. The closest I can find as a description would be an Elemental. However I can see how such a being could also be described as a djinn, fairies, brownie, leprechaun, domovoi, baykok, leshy, tariaksuq and perhaps even the big guy himself sasquatch. I've spent years looking at different legends from different cultures and there seems to be a certain amount of commonality regarding much of the folklore. These are all creatures who live alone, usually in the wilderness and seem to only be seen when they want to be seen.

One that struck me was that in certain Native American cultures such a being might visit a young boy who is at the age of becoming a man as a test of their bravery and/or help them to become a better hunter or warrior.

Reactions: LightofPrometheus