STAR WARS VS STAR TREK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love both. The first Star Wars movie was the best, in my opinion; however the others have also been good. Just not as good.

With Star Trek, the original shows are great and kitchy. Shatner and Nemoy will forever be icons. The latter shows like Deep Space Nine, The Next Generation, Voyager and Enterprise expanded the Star Trek universe. I used to watch Deep Space Nine and Next Generation. I never really got into Voyager or Enterprise. I guess maybe Star Trek is better, if only because there were so many other characters and spin offs from it.

While I've watched the newer shows and movies, there's just nothing like watching the good old original Star Trek series from the '60's...

Reactions: adele_delight
I do like Star Wars, I really do. But I love Star Trek. The first new Star Trek movie is awesome. I like the way J.J. Abrams keeps the essence of the characters basically the same. I also like the way he keeps the story line fresh (the time shift thingy) yet keeping the flavor of Star Trek.;)

I'd have a agree with Roy, I think the original star trek series is the best. Generations is not too bad but the series after not so much and I really am not fussed about the movies. A year ago I finally succumbed to the nagging to watching Star Wars. Original movies not too bad but the new ones...What were they thinking! Well I could rant about that but I'll spare you guys. :p
But Star Trek will always win over Star Wars.

In a silly way, part of my liking Star Wars so much was identifying with Princess Leia. In Star Trek, there were no real strong female leads for me to identify with.

Reactions: Seahunter
I do like Star Wars, I really do. But I love Star Trek. The first new Star Trek movie is awesome. I like the way J.J. Abrams keeps the essence of the characters basically the same. I also like the way he keeps the story line fresh (the time shift thingy) yet keeping the flavor of Star Trek.;)
I've been meaning to watch those. Hmm, maybe this weekend.

Firefly is closer to what we may have in the near future...

Status
Not open for further replies.