Spontaneous Human Combustion

OK, folks. What's your take on this?

Their theories do not make sense. If Alcohol was a reason, the entire body would burn. If being fat were the cause, why have so many of these victims been thin? The candle wick theory also does not hold water. Again, the whole body would burn. And God punishing these victims-give me a break!!

Although I firmly believe in this phenomenon, I do not have ANY reasonable idea as to why it happens...

I don't know anyone this has happened to, and I don't know anyone who knows anyone this happened to. I would say I'm leaning more toward believing it. It would be a great assassination method. One of my thoughts is maybe it's a chemical reaction combined with some crazy electrical activity in the nervous system if it was because of natural causes.

What do you think, Debi?

What do you think, Debi?
Not long ago I read another theory out there. This one involved errant cosmic particles of some kind. The theory was that the occasional cosmic or solar particle might wedge itself in a body and ignite it from within or pass through the body and ignite it as it went. We now know that astronuats at times have cosmic rays pass through them so it may be an alternative theory.

'Seeing' Cosmic Rays in Space - Universe Today

Not long ago I read another theory out there. This one involved errant cosmic particles of some kind. The theory was that the occasional cosmic or solar particle might wedge itself in a body and ignite it from within or pass through the body and ignite it as it went. We now know that astronuats at times have cosmic rays pass through them so it may be an alternative theory.

'Seeing' Cosmic Rays in Space - Universe Today
I think that's a really good hypothesis. My brain's fried from doing so much homework, but IIRC, there was some particle that was rare, neutrino maybe? Or maybe a different one that causes flashes or sparks of light. Scientists recently witnessed it a while back. That's a possibility.

Reactions: Debi
I’ve heard a few stories of rather zealous Christians spontaneously combusting and it was speculated that they might just be so filled with the Holy Spirit.

Now I’ve been around the pentecostal community, particularly the folks that practically get drunk on the spirit. While some people just go nuts, which may just be them acting up, I believe I have felt the Holy Spirit. Imagine being drunk and your cheeks and ears are hot. Now imagine that all over. Yeah you can get pretty hot even if you’re not running all over. But maybe someone did get too heated up on a few occasions in the last 2000 years....... just a possibility that I should put out there.

I’ve heard a few stories of rather zealous Christians spontaneously combusting and it was speculated that they might just be so filled with the Holy Spirit.

Now I’ve been around the pentecostal community, particularly the folks that practically get drunk on the spirit. While some people just go nuts, which may just be them acting up, I believe I have felt the Holy Spirit. Imagine being drunk and your cheeks and ears are hot. Now imagine that all over. Yeah you can get pretty hot even if you’re not running all over. But maybe someone did get too heated up on a few occasions in the last 2000 years....... just a possibility that I should put out there.
The documented cases I've read have had no connection to a Holy Spirit situation. In fact, most have been people in resting positions with a cigarette and/ or beer nearby and they've been of various religious backgrounds.

Last edited:
I have no idea either. Maybe it's alien Tech of some kind.