Spock joins Scotty and McCoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As giving as we now know Nimoy was, he would have wanted Shatner to do the charity event. After all, only the body was left behind. The Soul of Nimoy soars on.

Reactions: surge
As giving as we now know Nimoy was, he would have wanted Shatner to do the charity event. After all, only the body was left behind. The Soul of Nimoy soars on.
That's what I would like to think too. I'm sure it was no easy decision. That 30-grand estimate on the private flight is probably accurate too. I don't care how rich you are, 30K is 30K. Think how much charity work that could pay for...

Reactions: surge and Debi
Too bad. He couldn't have won either way. If he had blown off the Red Cross, he would be taking a beating too for not honoring his commitment.
What time was the charity event on the East coast? Because California is on Pacific time, thereby 3 hours behind the East coast. It takes six hours to fly cross county, but with the three hour difference, that cuts travel by 3 hours. There is no reason he couldn't have left the charity event at 10pm, get some flight out within 2 hours, making it midnight (or 9pm West Coast time) and fly out to be there on time. Also, the funeral could have been scheduled for an hour or 2 later. If I had been that close to someone for many years, I would want to pay my respects and maybe say a few words in remembrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.