Something trying to prove a point?

Vibe-Feeler

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
So this afternoon around 17:00 I went to a friend's place next door for a braai (South African BBQ), and the topic of the paranormal came up. Now he says the paranormal is all superstition and it doesn't exist etc., but me and his aunt say otherwise. Anyway later that evening a few of us went back to my place to play some billiards and as my friend was busy aiming his shot, the white ball moved slightly to the left of his cue (not even by an inch), and then moved back to its original place. It looked as though someone had placed their finger on the ball and moved it back and forth, yet no one touched the ball.

Six of us witnessed this, no one bumped the table and even my friend was a bit puzzled by this. I just found it so ironic that earlier he's talking about the paranormal not being real and then this event happens that he couldn't (none of us could) explain. It's almost as though an entity was with me next door, heard his opinion and decided to act up in front of him.

Last edited:
And that very well could be! Spirits are not bound by property lines. They can go where they wish.

Curious here....just how DID your non-believing friend explain that one?

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler
It was kind of comical actually. The others just looked at the ball puzzled and were quiet, then I just chuckled and said in a joking manner, "Yea, paranormal doesn't exist". My friend was suddenly not so quick to denounce paranormal activity and for a moment it looked like he was questioning the possibility and his own views on the paranormal. But he had absolutely no explanation as to how it happened. But his cousins (who were there too) and his aunt feel the paranormal does exist but none of them have had a proper experience so I think to witness something as blatant as that was a bit of a shock they didn't know how to process.

Reactions: Debi
I think your story is valuable for people to understand.....the paranormal often manifests in short, small little things that often either go unnoticed or are dismissed. It's not always levitating lamps and full body apparitions!

It's not always levitating lamps and full body apparitions!

I blame horror movies for that.

the paranormal often manifests in short, small little things that often either go unnoticed or are dismissed.

That's why since 2007 even the smallest things that happen, no matter how insignificant, I always try to recreate it to see if it was just random physics at work, or the paranormal at work.

Reactions: Debi
Welcome to Paranormalforum, Charleh :)

Was he visibly nervous? Interesting story btw, i love it when skeptics get dragged into the mess XD

He wasn't exactly nervous, but for someone who was so adamant that the paranormal was not real, he was a bit confused and rattled because he had no way of explaining what happened lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi and Lynne