Small Collection of EVPs

Spectre80

Reaction score
Hey everyone.....I'd like to share a few examples of some incredible evps. These are just a few examples that I've been lucky enough to capture throughout the years. Some of these are from personal residence cases, while others are from some famous locations. If you first click on the title of the track (not the play button) it will open up to give a brief explanation of the clip. I do apologize as the next clip plays immediately after the previous one is done playing. I'm not sure why soundcloud does this.
Collected evidence is definitely not easy to come by. I have spent hundreds of hours meticulously reviewing evidence to get one's like these. It would be a waste if I just let these sit on a disk on a dusty shelf in my office. This is why I like sharing these with people who I know will enjoy them. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

special note: The entire Villisca axe murder house clip is the evp......none of the voices caught are of anyone living today.

link:
Brian McGilvra

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman and Hiya
Thanks so much for adding this to the forum for everyone to listen to, Spectre! Much appreciated.

Gang, give these a listen and see what you think!

Reactions: Spectre80
That's some really interesting stuff, I've considered doing some EVP sessions recently given the potential activity that's been happening lately. Any tips or advice on conducting successful EVPs?

That's some really interesting stuff, I've considered doing some EVP sessions recently given the potential activity that's been happening lately. Any tips or advice on conducting successful EVPs?
Thank you......my advice is be careful and cautious. Allot of stuff in the paranormal field can lead to invitations of things you may not want in your life. Negative spirits can and will deceive you into thinking they're a deceased loved ones or a child. Simple rule of thumb....if you live in a house that's not currently haunted, don't do any evp sessions. However if you feel you need to, do it respectfully and don't provoke. As far as conducting a successful session, just do it as if your talking to a real person. Give plenty of pauses between questions, giving time for them to answer. Most of the time they love to chime in when people are just going about their business or shootin' the breeze. I've caught so many evps during setup at a location. Sometimes as soon as you are calm, quiet and asking questions they shut up. If you feel uneasy, smell anything weird, get super cold all of a sudden or hear growling STOP IMMEDIATELY!.

Thank you......my advice is be careful and cautious. Allot of stuff in the paranormal field can lead to invitations of things you may not want in your life. Negative spirits can and will deceive you into thinking they're a deceased loved ones or a child. Simple rule of thumb....if you live in a house that's not currently haunted, don't do any evp sessions. However if you feel you need to, do it respectfully and don't provoke. As far as conducting a successful session, just do it as if your talking to a real person. Give plenty of pauses between questions, giving time for them to answer. Most of the time they love to chime in when people are just going about their business or shootin' the breeze. I've caught so many evps during setup at a location. Sometimes as soon as you are calm, quiet and asking questions they shut up. If you feel uneasy, smell anything weird, get super cold all of a sudden or hear growling STOP IMMEDIATELY!.
Excellent advice ! I will listen and come back and comment later. Thanks for sharing these

Thanx Spectre80! My biggest concern was unintentionally inviting something in that could be malevolent. In the event I need to stop the EVP due to signs of something malevolent present, what would be the best approach? Also in terms of recording equipment, any recommendations? Because right now all I can use is a recording app on my phone.

Reactions: Paintman
Thanx Spectre80! My biggest concern was unintentionally inviting something in that could be malevolent. In the event I need to stop the EVP due to signs of something malevolent present, what would be the best approach? Also in terms of recording equipment, any recommendations? Because right now all I can use is a recording app on my phone.
This is why I really don't recommend people doing this. I had to completely change my world of thought on this stuff when I started dealing with the more negative cases years ago. I now typically only do evp sessions when I'm working a case and I need answers/proof that something is in fact there. I especially need proof if I need to bring clergy in to do a blessing or exorcism. When I do them now, I always make sure that it's known that I'm conducting the session in Jesus name. We have a prayer session before beginning also. In my opinion, the way we do things.....if something starts to manifest it's ugly head we pray immediately. We also use religious provocation to confront what's there. My biggest question for you is, are you religious? If not, just be extremely cautious in what your doing. As far as equipment goes, some apps are ok. I would recommend just going out and buying a decent little stereo recorder. Long ago I bought a simple RCA handheld voice recorder from Walmart. It was maybe $20-$30 and it worked just fine. The more expensive models you can buy off of ghoststop for the ghost hunter store are of course great but not needed to get the job done.

The demonic mockery one. That’s the only one so far that sounded otherworldly. That was freaky.

As for the villisca ace murder house, how did you get such clear audio? I’m impressed.