SLIding through my day

I'm a bit old fashioned. IMO, sliding appears to be a form of demonic activity. I apologize if I offend anyone, but this is my honest opinion.
we could say the same thing about ESP and other unexplainable human abilities. for example there have been a couple times i walked into a potentially ugly situation and people who wanted to do me harm wouldn't touch me, as if i had a couple big bodyguards behind me or something. i can only hope those were angels :eek:

maybe you should elaborate on your theory. or open a thread.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I'm a bit old fashioned. IMO, sliding appears to be a form of demonic activity. I apologize if I offend anyone, but this is my honest opinion.
I understand that some feel most or all of paranormal activity is demonic related. I happen to strongly disagree, but honor your opinion, Cog. The one thing I strive for here is inclusion of all religious beliefs and ask my members to respect each others personal beliefs. I understand this is most likely an interpetation of scripture, and I won't argue your interpretation as I am not of your faith.

I will say, though, that science is beginning to explain part of the SLIder experience and abilities. I believe it to be part of the electrical field of the body, or Aura, as some might name it. Quantum physics is starting to shed a brighter light on this and has shown that our own intentions or thoughts can and do play a part in how we affect things around us.

Stanford Scientist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness

I agree with Debi on this subject. We are made up of energy....electronics+hightened human energy=electrical distrubances.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I have often wondered if I had this slider ability! When I was a teen, no one could watch television (this was back when there were antenna and manually operated TV sets. ) The picture would go fuzzy as soon as I entered the room. Sometimes light bulbs just expire right when I go to turn the switch or pull the cord. But a lot of this could be coincidence - I have never kept track of it.

we could say the same thing about ESP and other unexplainable human abilities. for example there have been a couple times i walked into a potentially ugly situation and people who wanted to do me harm wouldn't touch me, as if i had a couple big bodyguards behind me or something. i can only hope those were angels :eek:

maybe you should elaborate on your theory. or open a thread.
This has happened to me as well, Charleh! And once, a potentially ugly situation just did not happen, and it was like people couldn't see me. I was walking through an unsafe area at night, and spotted a group of men standing on a corner. They were clearly drunk, and in the mood to harass any lone female that might pass them. Yet I had to walk past them because it was the only way home. So I just prayed for protection and started approaching them. They were shouting and cursing at each other, and yet not one turned his head as I slowly walked by. It was astonishing, because I had to walk close enough to touch one of them, since the sidewalk was narrow there. And yet they never even looked in my direction.

Reactions: Charleh
My step daughter is a slider. She puts out street lamps on a regular basis. I have been working with her to calm her slider tendencies.
I also have some slider abilities but it usually has to do with cell phones, computers, tv ect....
Just yesterday I was using my phone to access facebook when my phone called me....lol! I was rather stressed at the time so my slider was showing.
For me, street lamps all the time. Light bulbs. Cell phone. And quite a lot, cash registers. All will malfunction.

Reactions: Aces and Debi
Some of you know I am a SLIder. Brief explanation here.

Researchers tackle 'SLIders' phenomenon - Unexplained Mysteries

When my energy is running too high or is unbalanced, electrical items do strange things around me....including the fact I blow out lightbulbs at a rate that leaves me sure I should take out stock in them.

SO! It started last night....again. First, my computer. It started acting very strange...and as I type this it is doing it again. All sorts of weird stuff from not following commands, browsers going nuts, and today, I simply left it for 5 minutes and came back to find it somehow shut off the wifi. Literally moved the setting to off. I didn't touch it.
Also today, my phone decided to switch itself to no ringer. Last night it didn't want me to take a picture.

OK< so 2 lightbulbs and all this later, I thought I'd ask if anyone else out there has this lovely gift?
I've seen it several times, mostly from teens or young adults in emotionally charged situations.