Share with us your own ghost / spirit sightings!

I've seen many things over the years, including mists, shadows, The Hatman, etc. And yes, I've even seen a few actual "spirit" manifestations. The one I will share here I have shared in the past, but I use it because I have witnesses to it! (that always helps confirm you really DID see something!)

The house I live in now was my "rental" house for many years. We lived in the main house and rented this one out to a delightful couple and their adult Aspie son. Because my own son has Asperger's, we had a kind of bond. The adult son was named Jacob. He was a big guy of about 6'6" and around 300#. He was a gentle giant who had a horrible time with depression.

Jacob had just changed medications and was having a very bad time of it. One October day it just became too much and he took a gun his father had locked away (he broke the lock) and went behind my house down by the creek and shot himself. It was a true tragedy for everyone. He was cremated, and we gave permission to his dad to bury his ashes here on the then "rental" property.

Shortly after this, the house itself began to have a lot of activity. Lights going off and on by themselves, water faucets off and on, footsteps, etc. I came down and saged, we had their minister come out to bless the place, and things quieted for a bit. A few months later, I had the first visit from Jacob over at my house.

It started with my son seeing Jacob manifest in his room. Now, my son is psychic as they come, remained calm, and only broke part of my door down coming in to get me in my room. By the time I got there, Jacob was gone. A few days later, I saw him myself. He just appeared next to my bed. He still appeared all 6'6" of himself, and did nothing other than point down at the other house. I started talking to him telling him it was alright and that he could cross over, but at that point he faded out.

When his parents could no longer bear to live here, we decided to sell the other house and move into the "rental" ourselves. Since that time, we have seen Jacob several times, and usually in October. Sometimes he's nothing but shadow. Sometimes he's clear as a picture of himself but just see through. We continue to offer up prayers for him, we continue to care for the small "grave" on the property, we continue to talk to him when he shows up. It's normally preceeded a few weeks by some activity in our home so we watch for him. Mr. 18 had his first sighting of him last year, so we now have 3 of us who have seen him.

I've never even tried for a picture of him. It seems disrespecful in this case. And I know why so many don't get pictures of manifesting spirits...it happens so fast, and lasts for but a moment, it would be difficult to grab a camera, point and shoot in the time frame. As I've said before, paranormal activity doesn't happen like the movies. It happens fast and is usually very brief.

Wands, even if you had taken a picture, it may not have shown up. I do wonder why it was able to be seen through the lens and not by naked eye. There's something about cameras! I don't know if it acts as a filter to the energy so it can be seen or what? I think it's fantastic that you also had someone who saw the same thing! Confirmation....it's a gift.

Wow Debi, that is such an incredible story. That is really sad that happened to poor Jacob. Your story kind of hits close to home for me as I have a younger brother (14 years apart) who is autistic. He also is a gentle giant, as I am only 5.4 and he is 6.3. Do you mind me asking, when you see the clearer version of him what are his features like? Are they all intact......is his face clearly visible?

Reactions: Lynne
when you see the clearer version of him what are his features like? Are they all intact......is his face clearly visible?
This is a bit hard to explain but here goes. First, he's "floating" about 2 feet off the floor, just to get that out there. The facial features are where "features" would be, but there is no "fine detail", ie skin texture, clear outlines. In fact, it's all very ethereal in nature...like the background shines through the image. Not solid at all. He has usually appeared as recognizable, but not the details you would get from a picture. EX: his long hair is there, but you don't see the hairs individually. No color to the eyes...it's more like an out of focus black and white shot by someone who slightly moved the camera.

Reactions: Spectre80
This is a bit hard to explain but here goes. First, he's "floating" about 2 feet off the floor, just to get that out there. The facial features are where "features" would be, but there is no "fine detail", ie skin texture, clear outlines. In fact, it's all very ethereal in nature...like the background shines through the image. Not solid at all. He has usually appeared as recognizable, but not the details you would get from a picture. EX: his long hair is there, but you don't see the hairs individually. No color to the eyes...it's more like an out of focus black and white shot by someone who slightly moved the camera.
Good discriptions debi. This has to be a bit in unnerving

Reactions: Debi
Very, very interesting......thank you. I hope you didn't mind me asking as I know this is kind of a personal thing.

Very, very interesting......thank you. I hope you didn't mind me asking as I know this is kind of a personal thing.
No problem. I don't mind sharing. The description is also the same for my son. Just ran that past him and he agrees it's as close a description as I can get.

Reactions: Lynne and Spectre80
Good discriptions debi. This has to be a bit in unnerving
It can be when he just "pops in." He doesn't always materialize. Sometimes it's just the lights and water deal. Since he died by the creek, I often wonder if that is somehow connected.

As I am reading this I am seeing an entity that is partially in our dimension and partially in another dimension.

Reactions: Debi
As I am reading this I am seeing an entity that is partially in our dimension and partially in another dimension.
That's a good way to describe it. I've seen other spirits/ghosts, but I have to say this is the clearest of them all and a repeating one, despite the fact I have urged him to move on.

as I have a younger brother (14 years apart) who is autistic.
Then you also know the joy they can bring into your life. My son is now 35. He lives here with me, thank goodness, as he is my rock solid helper here and allows us to continue to live on a large area of land. Hubs and I cannot care for it anymore, but he loves it and does all the outside upkeep. He can mow with sound blocking earphones, but God forbid the microwave beeps at him! lol (Only you will understand that, I betcha!)

Then you also know the joy they can bring into your life. My son is now 35. He lives here with me, thank goodness, as he is my rock solid helper here and allows us to continue to live on a large area of land. Hubs and I cannot care for it anymore, but he loves it and does all the outside upkeep. He can mow with sound blocking earphones, but God forbid the microwave beeps at him! lol (Only you will understand that, I betcha!)
Oh yes definitely. Different things other than sound bother him though, like certain smells and tastes. He is extremely picky with some things and not others. He is very detailed with certain things. It's interesting with the different sides of the spectrum.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi