Share with us your favorite movies!

Yes, I love old-time radio.
Have you ever listened to The Zero Hour? It was an anthology series that ran on Mutual radio for two years in the mid-70s. Rod Serling hosted. Some of the episodes are kinda *meh*, but there are more good than not. Give it a listen sometime.

http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2009/05/zero-hour.html

Zero-Hour-Ad-sml.png

Terrific thread, super suggestions.
Movies: King Kong (1933); The Day the Earth Stood Still; all the Ray Harryhausen special effects movies such as Sinbad.
OTR: Love then all as my father and I made a crystal radio set when I was 11. The local public radio stations played them for filler. Dimension X and X Minus One rank as highly as Suspense in addition to all the fine series you have mentioned. Best part is, the are all Public Domain and there are huge collections in the Internet Archive. Remember to check out CBS Radio Mystery Theater hosted by E.G. Marshall.

Reactions: Paintman
Gattaca is an excellent movie following a person born the normal way in a world full of genetically engineered humans. Ethan Hawke and Jude Law co-star.

Reactions: DoTell
The original Jaws,Godfather, Braveheart, Apocalypse now, Thunder heart ,The Shining,Close encounters of the third kind ,Silence of the lambs,True Grit,Sixth sense ,The seventh sign,Dogma,and we'll throw in Predator . A good movie to me is one that I could watch several times and not get bored .So for no particular reason other than this I picked the above movies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calum and DoTell
the matrix films top gun gone in 60 seconds the rock just to name a few I could go on and on with this

Reactions: Calum and DoTell
The most likely movie is "Sherlock Holmes" and books series about him.