Shake, Rattle and Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
LA has experienced a 3.2 and a 5.1 mag quake since March 8th, and over the weekend there was a 4.8 in Yellowstone. That's the largest tremblor there since the early 80s.

Do you think this is business as usual for Southern California, and therefore no big deal? Or do you think this could be a lead up to a major quake in the area?

What about Yellowstone? A major earthquake there could set off a volcanic eruption that would make Mount St. Helens look like a kid's science project.

Interesting little fact to go with that is the sun had an X-1 flare right before the Yellowstone quake. It set off something called a Magnetic Crochet that immediately hit earth. As above, so below. You can read about it at spaceweather.com.

I live close to the New Madrid fault line and have felt a low level quake a time or two myself here in Indiana. Can't imagine what a big one is like! I will note that during one years ago, a 4.0, I was sitting on a dock fishing and about 15 minutes before it hit the fish just completely stopped biting. We'd been pulling them in hand over fist and suddenly nothing. Then the quake. I heard the bison had started moving away from the quake zone in Yellowstone prior to the one the other day. Watch the animals. They know.

It was predicted awhile back that when we got to this point, galactic center, that we'd see an uptick of earthquakes and meteors. Which reminds me, we also had a near asteroid pass on the 29, too, of 1 Lunar distance, which is actually fairly close. We have another one coming by today of 3 LD's. Watch the sky, folks. There appears to be some credence to the theory.

The New Madrid fault is the one I have to be concerned with. Back in the early 1800s the quakes lasted for years, so that the local Indians called it the land of the shaking ground. The ms river ran backwards with this outbreak. No big deal back then, but today it is. Large population centers, all sorts of stored deadly chemicals that could be set loose, plus the building of st Louis, Memphis are not built to take quakes. It would be a major disaster, when it happens. Not if, but when.

I think a future one in Ca will destroy some urban areas, and kill vast numbers.

I always worry about California and "The Big One". I hope not. I live close to The Ramapo fault. Guess what's on the fault? A nuclear power plant. That's right, cuz that's a good place to put one. Fukushima could happen here on the East Coast. Let's pray it doesn't.

Reactions: Debi
I always worry about California and "The Big One". I hope not. I live close to The Ramapo fault. Guess what's on the fault? A nuclear power plant. That's right, cuz that's a good place to put one. Fukushima could happen here on the East Coast. Let's pray it doesn't.
Girl, if you've ever looked at a rad map you'll see that every fault line has a nuke plant...it's like they aimed for them. That's why I continue to post on the nuclear situation all the time. Scary, scary stuff.

Regarding the latest quakes, just saw this article. Interesting timeline.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...he-earths-crust-under-north-and-south-america

Shout out to Clyde! He actually mentioned us when DM told him we were listening and said hello.

HUGE 8.2 quake off coast of Chile tonight. Tsunami waves spotted. Warnings out. Thanks to BelleStarr for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.