Season of the witch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! As I've said before, Wicca is not about a spell being cast and you suddenly see flames or sparklies like on TV. It's all about moving energy in a subtle manner to create a positive outcome. These "kids" are giving it a bad rap and I'm not amused.
Me either. I am a Solitary, mainly due to where I live and who I live among. Interesting that many of the "kids" are just about the shock factor or have the Fluffy Bunny Syndrome. They burn themselves right out, or end up with really bad things like demonic/spiritual attachments. I've got one friend who has invited me to her 'women's group'. I wouldn't go in a million years, and they aren't kids. They scare me and don't seem to know what they are doing or don't really care...they are teaching a teen group. As an outsider, I know that most of them seem to have similar problems with their spouses...at one point or another each one's spouse has had a negative spiritual 'attachment', or other problem, that appears to be from something gone awry somewhere. Not sure they care about the Rede or the Karmic outcome.

Reactions: Debi
Me either. I am a Solitary, mainly due to where I live and who I live among. Interesting that many of the "kids" are just about the shock factor or have the Fluffy Bunny Syndrome. They burn themselves right out, or end up with really bad things like demonic/spiritual attachments. I've got one friend who has invited me to her 'women's group'. I wouldn't go in a million years, and they aren't kids. They scare me and don't seem to know what they are doing or don't really care...they are teaching a teen group. As an outsider, I know that most of them seem to have similar problems with their spouses...at one point or another each one's spouse has had a negative spiritual 'attachment', or other problem, that appears to be from something gone awry somewhere. Not sure they care about the Rede or the Karmic outcome.
Oh yes...I've seen the type. Those of us who live truly by the Rede and walk the path understand it's not about the shock and awe factor...it's about our spiritual growth and core beliefs. Just had this discussion with someone about an hour ago! lol

Not sure if this classifies me as "old school", but this debate drives me crazy: Pentacle or Pentagram? It is just the 'newbies' or younger generation that calls them Pentagrams? Sure, they are 5 sided geometric figures, a pentagram. I wear a PENTACLE and it drives me to the point of wanting to blast someone over the difference...especially when the newbie tells his wife, who wears a pentagram- a star with a circle around it- to explain it to me and that I "should become educated".

Tarot cards do not call them the suit of pentagrams.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Debi (or anyone else that cares to contribute), from one long time practitioner to another, am I being insensitive to the newcomers or should I just flip the flying monkey on them until they submit? :hearnoevil:

Reactions: Debi
LOL! I love ya, hon! We are definitely sisters!

The way I see it, if these "newbies" last on the path beyond the initial "wow! look at me!" phase, then WE try to educate them. I'm of the old school, as I see you are, and KNOW the proper terms and understand the concepts. Too many think they should only learn how to throw a spell at something, and have no clue as to working with energy or even WHAT energy is. No desire to know, either! As far as intention being behind the workings of things, they are clueless. I have often explained to young ones this simple fact: Magic is the manipulation of energy by intention, to manifest a desired outcome. And there is now scientific evidence of this truth. These newbies are all about flash and think they're supposed to see sparkles and fairy dust like the TV witches. ;)

Reactions: Snuggie2U
Status
Not open for further replies.