Season of the witch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this article and my head almost exploded. This is NOT the reason you practice the craft or walk the path! Although I have great respect for Starhawk and have often used her book "The Spiral Dance" as a primer in the past, some of her quotes also made my head spin. The objective of most Wiccans is NOT to use spells to zap people or gain power. It's supposed to be all about balancing the power. Yes, we embrace the Feminine Divine, but it's NOT supposed to be used to squash the male divinity nor is it racial in ANYWAY!

If this is, in fact, what Wiccan's have moved to and created as the new Wiccan tradition, I guess I better get on writing that book to re-establish the Mystic Wiccan tradition. It's all about the Rede and Rule: An it harm none, do as ye will.

http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wiccan-rede.html

I saw this article and my head almost exploded. This is NOT the reason you practice the craft or walk the path! Although I have great respect for Starhawk and have often used her book "The Spiral Dance" as a primer in the past, some of her quotes also made my head spin. The objective of most Wiccans is NOT to use spells to zap people or gain power. It's supposed to be all about balancing the power. Yes, we embrace the Feminine Divine, but it's NOT supposed to be used to squash the male divinity nor is it racial in ANYWAY!

If this is, in fact, what Wiccan's have moved to and created as the new Wiccan tradition, I guess I better get on writing that book to re-establish the Mystic Wiccan tradition. It's all about the Rede and Rule: An it harm none, do as ye will.

http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wiccan-rede.html
Yeah, I didn't know quite what to do about posting it, or how to present it, so I just thought I'd let people read it and try to figure it out! o_O:confused: I know a lot of it was not meant to be serious - I hope! :rolleyes::eek:

Reactions: Debi
As with any "religion" or spiritual path, there are always those that wish to take it to extremes or pervert the base of it somehow. The one big deal is to cause harm to none, or it comes back to you. In this interpretation of it, this new breed of wanna be wiccans is riding the line of black magic....at least most certainly grey. In this case, I most certainly cannot call them my Sisters.

Reactions: Seahunter
As with any "religion" or spiritual path, there are always those that wish to take it to extremes or pervert the base of it somehow. The one big deal is to cause harm to none, or it comes back to you. In this interpretation of it, this new breed of wanna be wiccans is riding the line of black magic....at least most certainly grey. In this case, I most certainly cannot call them my Sisters.
Yeah, didn't exactly sound like she is embracing religion for the right reasons, more of a movement of hatred and prejudice.

...wanna be wiccans...
I think that's the key. They have no idea what real Wicca is, just the notions they get from TV and movies. They are playing at being Wiccan and have no clue what they are doing.

I think that's the key. They have no idea what real Wicca is, just the notions they get from TV and movies. They are playing at being Wiccan and have no clue what they are doing.
Exactly! As I've said before, Wicca is not about a spell being cast and you suddenly see flames or sparklies like on TV. It's all about moving energy in a subtle manner to create a positive outcome. These "kids" are giving it a bad rap and I'm not amused.

Exactly! As I've said before, Wicca is not about a spell being cast and you suddenly see flames or sparklies like on TV. It's all about moving energy in a subtle manner to create a positive outcome. These "kids" are giving it a bad rap and I'm not amused.
Yeah, I don't know anything about this rapper, but I'm sure a lot of it was pure ignorance like Surge said, and the rest just to be provocative and get a rise out of people. I'm taking a leap on the rapper being into shock value.

Reactions: surge and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.