Scrying

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
water-scrying-bowl.jpg
scrying_mirror.jpg

Scrying

Scrying is something I bet you've done without even realizing it - the beginning part of it anyway. How many times have you watched the clouds drifting by in the sky, seeing faces and shapes in them? Have you ever stared blankly at a wall, ceiling, or floor and seen faces and shapes move across them? That is scrying. (kind of) ;-) It means getting into a relaxed, meditative state and focusing on the shapes and symbols we see, and trying to interpret what meaning they may have for us.

Scrying is a form of divination, which means "fortelling the future," but it is also a great tool to use for personal growth and guidance. Not just for the future, but for the present time, as well as the past. You can find solutions to problems you are struggling with, learn more about your past lives, and of course, see glimpses of the future too. Scrying and divination are not just for witches and spiritual workers either, anyone can do it.

As with any form of divination, we are opening ourselves to Spirit, and it is always a wise choice to ask for protection from God, our angels or spirit guides before we begin. We cannot always control what comes through to us, but our spiritual protectors can. Surround yourself with white light and say a prayer of protection and guidance before scrying, or performing any magickal workings.

I have stared at clouds and made objects, but never a blank wall. It sounds like good advice about asking for protection should one try this out.

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
I have stared at clouds and made objects, but never a blank wall. It sounds like good advice about asking for protection should one try this out.
I was actually trained in this by a very advanced Wiccan years ago. I do own an actual scrying mirror, but have not used it in many moons.

So I try the technique and here is what I saw.
Just kidding. Reading this post made this song pop into my head. The great Roy Orbison. And now the song is probably in yours. Check out the audience of 1965.

Yes. It's amazing how much detail you can see.

So I try the technique and here is what I saw.
Just kidding. Reading this post made this song pop into my head. The great Roy Orbison. And now the song is probably in yours. Check out the audience of 1965.
My dad is a really good Singer but only when he's in the car or working outside. When Roy comes on you can't tell the difference!

Reactions: 7Critter
How the heck did we go from scrying to Roy Orbison??? :eek: