Politics Saudi women take first step on the path to voting.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20150818253755

They don’t know each other, and are separated by about 450km, but Jamal Al-Saadi and Safinaz Abu Al-Shamat became the first two women to register as voters for the upcoming third municipal elections in Madinah and Makkah respectively.

“The participation of the Saudi women in the municipal elections as voters and candidates was a dream for us,” Saadi said. “The move will enable Saudi women to have a say in the process of the decision-making.”

Voter registration began in the Two Holy Cities on Sunday, a week earlier than the rest of the Kingdom. Both women said they had thoroughly prepared all the documents they would need so that nothing would stop them from participating in elections for the first time.

“I was quite ready for this day,” Saadi said. “I have prepared all the documents needed to obtain a voter's card. This is a nice experience to go through. We are just at the beginning of the road.”

In other news, Saudi Arabia is a Monarchy...

was quite ready for this day,” Saadi said. “I have prepared all the documents needed to obtain a voter's card. This is a nice experience to go through. We are just at the beginning of the road.”
What about voter ID's here? Too much trouble?:angry:
Well, good for these two ladies. They are making an effort, probably taking a risk in their communities, and I salute 'em! They are a good example for Americans. :)