Saccades Art . . . YIKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ab_Original

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
From
ScienceAlert/Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...336.7557552517&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Nope, this isn't an animated GIF. Known as a peripheral drift illusion, the image showcases the rapid movements of our eyes (called saccades), which occur constantly, even when we think our eyes are still.

11.18.13  saccades Art.png
11.18.13  saccades Art.png

Reactions: Naked Apple
I'd love to see you post your favorites posted here too. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ab_Original
What happened Imodog?
working on Electronic Control Module on big diesel engine , lost my footing and slipped , fell into engine just as engine fan kicked on, they operate through torque , had to have a finger amputated and fractured fingers. luckily I fell into the correct side, fan runs clockwise , If I had fell into otherside it would have pulled me in, would have lost a lot more than I did.

working on Electronic Control Module on big diesel engine , lost my footing and slipped , fell into engine just as engine fan kicked on, they operate through torque , had to have a finger amputated and fractured fingers. luckily I fell into the correct side, fan runs clockwise , If I had fell into otherside it would have pulled me in, would have lost a lot more than I did.
Oh wow - so sorry to hear that! I'm glad you weren't hurt more, but it still sounds pretty bad. Hope you are on the mend quickly!

Oh wow - so sorry to hear that! I'm glad you weren't hurt more, but it still sounds pretty bad. Hope you are on the mend quickly!
Thanks Roy , doctors and nurses are amazed at how quickly I heal , now if I could only figure out how to grow a finger ..;)

Thanks Roy , doctors and nurses are amazed at how quickly I heal , now if I could only figure out how to grow a finger ..;)
Well it's nice to see you still have your sense of humor... :) Probably won't be long and they will have that available. I mean they're growing ears and noses in Petri dishes, why not a finger?

Reactions: Speedbird
Status
Not open for further replies.