Robot Priest

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Robot 'priest' can beam light from its hands and give automated blessings

Robot 'priest' can beam light from its hands and give automated blessings to worshippers
The robot wishes users a "warm welcome" before asking them if they want to be blessed by a male or female voice

Open the link, look at it, then tell me just HOW WRONG IS THIS??!!!

This is weird. Who paid for it? How much money did they spend on this waste of space instead of feeding the homeless. Helping them find shelter. Donating it to food pantry. Just giving a certain sum of the money to families who qualify. Anything. Wow.

Reactions: Paintman
This is weird. Who paid for it? How much money did they spend on this waste of space instead of feeding the homeless. Helping them find shelter. Donating it to food pantry. Just giving a certain sum of the money to families who qualify. Anything. Wow.
VERY good point, Mokes. And really, what in the world would you want this thing for to begin with? I find it to be blasphemy!

Looking for a silver lining....... the kids may like it. And techno-dance pop guys named Dieter. The robot's home is a church in Germany. There, to join a church you pay a tax to the state. The state divides up the $.

Looking for a silver lining....... the kids may like it. And techno-dance pop guys named Dieter. The robot's home is a church in Germany. There, to join a church you pay a tax to the state. The state divides up the $.
Wait....what? You have to pay a tax to join a CHURCH????

German Church Ties Tax to Sacraments After Ruling
Income from church taxes in Germany amounted to about $6.3 billion for the Roman Catholic Church in 2011, and $5.5 billion for the Protestant, mostly Lutheran, churches in 2010, official statistics show. The money goes to support hospitals, schools, day care and myriad other social services, but a sizable amount of the Catholic money is also channeled to the Vatican.

The German church tax — which is 8 to 9 percent of the annual income tax — is so steep, however, that many people formally quit the church to avoid paying, while nevertheless remaining active in their faith. That is what is angering Catholic Church officials.

This mess makes all involved look bad, frankly. Let me re-phrase, the law puts religion in a bad spot, and makes religions do stupid things out of survival. I have a friend who visited relatives in Germany not too long ago. He (Protestant) said he was told that the German religious stopped fighting the Reformation and Counter-Reformation, and banded together to fight the German govt.:p Well, common enemy and all.........

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
The robot priest is an abomination , descusting

Reactions: Debi