Reptiles as pets

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
th

MY GRANDSON HAS ONE OF THESE. HE AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY ARE VERY ATTACHED TO PABLO, THE BEARDED DRAGON. ME? NOT SO MUCH!

HAVE YOU OR WOULD YOU HAVE A REPTILE AS A PET?

They are a lot of work and require live food. Their poop stinks awful too. I prefer pets with fur. I had a large box turtle once. He stunk so bad I took him back to the pet shop.

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
I'll be the odd ball. I have several reptiles for pets. I have a bearded dragon, a leopard gecko, a Sudan plated lizard, and two pythons. To be honest, I didn't choose to have them all. I work with an animal rescue group and am the only one in the group with a history and knowledge of the care and veterinary needs of these creatures. All of them are rescues from poor home environments and all have special needs due to improper care.

I'll be the odd ball. I have several reptiles for pets. I have a bearded dragon, a leopard gecko, a Sudan plated lizard, and two pythons. To be honest, I didn't choose to have them all. I work with an animal rescue group and am the only one in the group with a history and knowledge of the care and veterinary needs of these creatures. All of them are rescues from poor home environments and all have special needs due to improper care.
That is very nice of you to rescue these guys! I love all animals, just some I would not choose as pets, say an elephant! :p We have LOTS of animal lovers here, bonnietaylorauthor, would you care to share your experience with reptiles?

And, welcome to the forum!!

Hi Bonnie ! Good on you taking care of the critters.
Not for me tho. About as exotic as I get was the day I got to pet a kangaroo.

Hey guys. Ever tell you about the time I got to pet a kangaroo ?:p

That is very nice of you to rescue these guys! I love all animals, just some I would not choose as pets, say an elephant! :p We have LOTS of animal lovers here, bonnietaylorauthor, would you care to share your experience with reptiles?

And, welcome to the forum!!
Thank you for the welcome! I'd be happy to share reptile information and stories with the group!