Real or Artifical...

Aren't affordable LED Christmas lights the best ?!:)
weihnachtsdeko-ideen-weihnachtsdekoration-basteln.jpg

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Went through the real stage when we were younger, artificial now.......and after today I can say it takes roughly 6 cans of spray paint to paint an average 6 1/2 foot tree.....lol.

Reactions: Paintman
Went through the real stage when we were younger, artificial now.......and after today I can say it takes roughly 6 cans of spray paint to paint an average 6 1/2 foot tree.....lol.
Wait....:confused:. You spray painted the tree? Did it not come in green? Ikea? Build your own? Some assembly required????? :p

Wait....:confused:. You spray painted the tree? Did it not come in green? Ikea? Build your own? Some assembly required????? :p

Lol...........actually it was an old tree, 20 or so years, a white tree.....anyways, my wife always has these decorating contests with some friends of hers, so today I dug the old tree out of the attic and painted it metallic gold. It really turned out well to my surprise.,
Its really a bright shiny metallic gold, the gaudiest thing I've ever seen.... I love it...lol.....one thing I know our friends ( competitors ) won't have.....lol.
So, so far we have 4 trees, each room is a different theme, example....Santa room, silver bells room, poinsettia room...etc.....and so on and so on.... And this isn't even my favorite holiday, you should have seen Halloween. I built a 7 foot tall plaster werewolf for the front yard....lol.....so that's the short version of my tree painting adventure, but happy to say it really turned out looking good........ I guess, kinda, maybe......

Lol...........actually it was an old tree, 20 or so years, a white tree.....anyways, my wife always has these decorating contests with some friends of hers, so today I dug the old tree out of the attic and painted it metallic gold. It really turned out well to my surprise.,
Its really a bright shiny metallic gold, the gaudiest thing I've ever seen.... I love it...lol.....one thing I know our friends ( competitors ) won't have.....lol.
So, so far we have 4 trees, each room is a different theme, example....Santa room, silver bells room, poinsettia room...etc.....and so on and so on.... And this isn't even my favorite holiday, you should have seen Halloween. I built a 7 foot tall plaster werewolf for the front yard....lol.....so that's the short version of my tree painting adventure, but happy to say it really turned out looking good........ I guess, kinda, maybe......
OK, so when this is done and decorated, how about sharing a pic of it with us? I'd love to see this!

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
Small and artificial for me. There's no mess, it's reusable and when you're done just fold it up and put it away in a box until next year :D. And given the price of trees these days it's much cheaper. In South Africa a 70cm (27in) artificial tree goes for around R500 ($43) at least. Don't know what the prices are overseas but yea, it's expensive here lol.

You are right Jadamz. That’s kind of harsh. Granted the trees are dead and they become risks inside the house if you try to keep them longer.

But when I see even just a few laying on their sides on the curb it reminds me that most of us - me too - have the short term consumer attitude.

But damn those real trees are so very nice inside the home. I’m so torn.

and they certainly get dressed up and have a lot of joy around them before they exit

I have a small artificial. When my kid was growing up I decorated but since she’s grown I don’t do much. There was a few hectic years I didn’t even put up a tree.

when I was a kid we lived overseas in the Pacific Islands (saipan). Back in the late 60's goods only came by boat and one Christmas the trees didn't arrive so my dad went into the boonies(jungle outside our home) and dragged back a tree branch, nailed it up on the wall and put ornaments on it. It was a valiant effort but we had a bit of a Charlie Brown Christmas that year. I still remember that. The feeling I get when I think about it, was how my dad really wanted to give his kids a tree. He was a good dad.