Real or Artifical...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Christmas trees are going up all over the place. Are you the real deal kind of person or artificial tree kind? Why?

th

Reactions: Paintman
I’m a nearly life-long real tree fan. But because you can’t store four different size, shape, and color trees in the attic for a year, I’m reduced to surviving in an artificial tree home.

However I do have to say I do appreciate fewer spiders and sap.

So, what I have done to instill a little of my own tradition is to ensure that we always have an amazing cut flower arrangement...or two. Granted they don’t last that long but I usually stagger the introduction of the bouquets so that we have the perception of life present for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi

My grandmother made one of these many years ago and it's the "go to" tree I prefer. Her's has frosted snow on it and glittery stuff. Lights up. Plus my little Charlie Brown tree. Unfortunately, I may once again be out-voted this year as I have Mr. 17 here who wants a full tree. It's artificial, but if the kid wants it up, he's gonna have to do it himself. Otherwise, I am perfectly content with "Grandma's tree" being my only one!

Reactions: Paintman

My grandmother made one of these many years ago and it's the "go to" tree I prefer. Her's has frosted snow on it and glittery stuff. Lights up. Plus my little Charlie Brown tree. Unfortunately, I may once again be out-voted this year as I have Mr. 17 here who wants a full tree. It's artificial, but if the kid wants it up, he's gonna have to do it himself. Otherwise, I am perfectly content with "Grandma's tree" being my only one!
funny seeing this because i got my polymer clay in the mail today. maybe I'll make mini trees :p

I'm a fake tree person. for the simple fact that I'm not paying 3 figures for something i can chop down for free.

I’m a nearly life-long real tree fan. But because you can’t store four different size, shape, and color trees in the attic for a year, I’m reduced to surviving in an artificial tree home.

However I do have to say I do appreciate fewer spiders and sap.

So, what I have done to instill a little of my own tradition is to ensure that we always have an amazing cut flower arrangement...or two. Granted they don’t last that long but I usually stagger the introduction of the bouquets so that we have the perception of life present for a couple of weeks.

i love that idea.wanDs!

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
so sad to see all the dead trees in front of the homes in january

Reactions: Debi
so sad to see all the dead trees in front of the homes in january

You are right Jadamz. That’s kind of harsh. Granted the trees are dead and they become risks inside the house if you try to keep them longer.

But when I see even just a few laying on their sides on the curb it reminds me that most of us - me too - have the short term consumer attitude.

But damn those real trees are so very nice inside the home. I’m so torn.

I have a small artificial. When my kid was growing up I decorated but since she’s grown I don’t do much. There was a few hectic years I didn’t even put up a tree.