Rapper raises funds for Flat Earth

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
B.o.B.jpg

One of the most prominent proponents for the controversial Flat Earth conspiracy theory has launched a crowdfunding campaign aimed at settling the debate.

The rapper known as B.o.B. spawned headlines early last year when he took to Twitter to declare that the Earth is flat.

His surprising comments generated a myriad of largely derisive news stories as well as a strong rebuttal from astrophysicist and celebrity scientist Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

However, it would appear that the ridicule did not deter B.o.B. as he now hopes to answer his critics with some hard scientific evidence.

The man behind the hit song 'Nothin' on You' announced on Monday that he is looking to "send one if not multiple satellites as far into space as I can."

The purpose of the probes would be to see if they can show B.o.B. the curvature of our planet which, as a Flat Earth enthusiasts, he believes does not exist.

In order to cover the cost of such an ambitious idea, which he estimates to be two-hundred-thousand dollars, the Flat Earth fan is asking fellow advocates for the conspiracy to help fund the project via a GoFundMe campaign.

Although the endeavor was only announced yesterday, early indications are that B.o.B. is likely to fall far short of his lofty goal as less than $1,000 dollars have been donated after the first day.

That said, while he may not succeed in getting any satellites launched into space, the rapper's campaign is already generating a considerable amount of mainstream media attention.

And, considering that one of the goals of Flat Earth community seems to be simply raising awareness of the theory, the endeavor might already be considered a victory as it will certainly reach more people than all of the billboards, graffiti, and other strange signage we've seen this year.

Source: BBC News

As a fellow bandana wearer, where can I donate ? :D

LOL, well, good luck to Boob, er I mean Bob. I'm sure his I.Q. is right up there with Neil DeGrasse Tyson's, so he could probably have some really good debates with Tyson and his colleagues.

In the meantime, perhaps Bob could Google images of Earth taken from space, and actually see the curvature of the Earth and its spherical shape. This would save him a lot of time and needless donations from other like-minded Flat-Earthers who are a few donuts shy of a full dozen.

Pythagoras had this figured out in 242 ish BC. His observation was repeated until it became common knowledge. Even during Columbus' time everyone knew the Earth was round. The notion he set off to prove the Earth was round came from a children's book written in 1919.
I can source it, but can't post links on Kindle.:(

Reactions: Debi
Pythagoras had this figured out in 242 ish BC. His observation was repeated until it became common knowledge. Even during Columbus' time everyone knew the Earth was round. The notion he set off to prove the Earth was round came from a children's book written in 1919.
I can source it, but can't post links on Kindle.:(

“When Columbus lived, people thought that the earth was flat. They believed the Atlantic Ocean to be filled with monsters large enough to devour their ships, and with fearful waterfalls over which their frail vessels would plunge to destruction. Columbus had to fight these foolish beliefs in order to get men to sail with him. He felt sure the earth was round.”
Emma Miler Bolenius, American Schoolbook Author, 1919

One of the most enduring myths that children grow up with is the idea that Columbus was the only one of his time who believed that the Earth was round; everyone else believed it was flat. “How brave the sailors of 1492 must have been,” you might imagine, “to travel towards the edge of the world without fear of falling off!”

Who Discovered The Earth is Round?

Reactions: Paintman
This guy is just looking for publicity. Silly behavior in my opinion