Please be mindful with fireworks!

Becki

Long time coming...EXCITED!! WELCOME BACK ART!
Reaction score
Ok, a rant... This past month here has been AWFUL with ppl setting off fireworks all hours of day and night. I live in the city limits... It's not safe AND for those of us with scared dogs... It's killing them! My one, when we know storms are coming gets tranquilizers or Xanax and a thunder shirt and that barely take off the edge.... Fireworks from no where??? PURE HELL... It's starts to affect her in her everyday life... Took me 3 years of hard work to get my one dog to come around... Now we're at a minus point in many areas.... And ppl who suffer from PTSD??? My heart goes out to them... Ppl hiding in closets etc... Because ppl are inconsiderate jerks... Please please please think of others... These things are NOT MADE FOR THE CITY or if you have immediate neighbors.... Rant over... Sorry...

I agree totally Becki! Because people cannot simply obey the legal hours of use too, they should be outlawed altogether. Like you said, people and pets are affected. I have one that has to use a thunder jacket too, and she's still petrified. If people have to see and hear loud explosions, then I guess I could see the professional fireworks displays being an option since it's only one night then. But around me, it starts two weeks or more before the fourth, like you said all hours of the day, then goes for another two weeks or so AFTER the fourth! :mad: I wear ear plugs AND shooter's earmuffs, and I still get startled and can't sleep!

Reactions: surge
They are ILLEGAL here!!! And I'm in the city limits.. I can see over the stadiums... I EXPECT fireworks when there are games, concerts etc... We are prepared for that... Ellie has herself crammed under my bed somehow, in a maze I and safe spot my seizure cat uses... It's meant for a 10# cat not a 50# dog!! She can only go in and has to back out... If she gets stuck I'm in trouble! It's an old antique rope bed, low, I'm a big girl I'm not fitting under!

Reactions: Seahunter
They are ILLEGAL here!!! And I'm in the city limits.. I can see over the stadiums... I EXPECT fireworks when there are games, concerts etc... We are prepared for that... Ellie has herself crammed under my bed somehow, in a maze I and safe spot my seizure cat uses... It's meant for a 10# cat not a 50# dog!! She can only go in and has to back out... If she gets stuck I'm in trouble! It's an old antique rope bed, low, I'm a big girl I'm not fitting under!
Yeah, most of the ones here are illegal too. There are tons of fireworks around here because of the Native American tribes, so people stock up, then it sounds like a war zone around here for a month! Then we also get a bunch going off around New Years as well.

Ours have been year round anymore! Kids!

Summer is the worst but every few weeks they go off within a block of us... We think it's a "signal" of sorts at times...

Reactions: Seahunter
I wish fireworks would be eliminated. Redneck activities. Pollutants. Fire hazards. Obnoxious. Unnecessary. Every time my neighbors set them off, I hope the sound is followed by screaming and ambulance sirens...:mad:

Reactions: Becki and Seahunter
I wish fireworks would be eliminated. Redneck activities. Pollutants. Fire hazards. Obnoxious. Unnecessary. Every time my neighbors set them off, I hope the sound is followed by screaming and ambulance sirens...:mad:
Yep, I seriously wonder between the fireworks and the beer, just how much Jethro and Bubba spend on the fourth. Surely it has to make an impact on July's cigarette and Pay-Per-View budget. :p

Reactions: Indigo and Becki
Yep, I seriously wonder between the fireworks and the beer, just how much Jethro and Bubba spend on the fourth. Surely it has to make an impact on July's cigarette and Pay-Per-View budget. :p
OK, peoples......for those that live in my area, some fireworks are legal, but are confined to be used for the week prior and week after July 4th only. And some of these users are NOT rednecks. They are patriotic people who are using them as a display for the kid's enjoyment. Pretty, sparkly displays. So, being the devil's advocate here, I have to defend their right to use them RESPONSIBLY. I know our animals are impacted by this, as my own were last night. But the neighbor's display was within the law, and we weathered it thro.

I agree that many people abuse the right, but I'd hate to see one more anything banned, outlawed, etc. by the government.

Reactions: surge