Pine Barrens Creature Report

I have been out in the woods a lot around here. No matter how alone you think you are, there are always others somewhere nearby. When you're younger, the woods were a great place to get away and not be bothered, but always seemed to run into a few or even groups of people doing the exact same thing lol. I'd say virtually everything described can be explained normally.

I have been out in the woods a lot around here. No matter how alone you think you are, there are always others somewhere nearby. When you're younger, the woods were a great place to get away and not be bothered, but always seemed to run into a few or even groups of people doing the exact same thing lol. I'd say virtually everything described can be explained normally.
Having never been there I will take your word for this. If this person was living in the woods, it is no doubt there were other homeless people doing the same thing. Historically though this area has had a lot of Big Foot reports.

Having never been there I will take your word for this. If this person was living in the woods, it is no doubt there were other homeless people doing the same thing. Historically though this area has had a lot of Big Foot reports.
this is an interesting article...... Study finds bigfoot sightings correlate with black bear populations ...... it takes the BFRO organizations reported sightings list and compares that with the largest populations of black bear across the country, the most sightings happen in those locales, with the percentage rising 4% for every 1000 bears.....im not saying this accounts for all sightings but does give an example of probable misidentification in a lot of cases. since the early 80's the new jersey bear population has been steadily increasing yearly, therefore could also account for more and more B.F sightings...... as much as i would like to believe the legend, i must admit i am becoming more and more skeptical as time goes by. partly due to the other urban legends such as the rake, and dogman. and then due to modern technology it is becoming hard to believe that a single apex predator can go hidden with no proof (even though so many claim to see it) much less numerous predatory type creatures..... urban legend and creepy pasta have ran these legends to their end i fear........ i was speaking with a group a couple of months ago who expressed the same concerns with the direction of the B.F field, it is rapidly becoming that the so called "investigators" are the biggest threat to the field in general. like they said, all a skeptic has to do is sit back and let these investigators prove they dont exist....(funny also the group i was talking with were being shunned by a lot in the field for doing fieldwork. shaking up the status quo, so to speak......little secret, that is why no one posts in public groups or similar platforms, only their own, controllable outlets)...... i really hope someday that undeniable proof is found, but i feel that may not be in this lifetime........

this is an interesting article...... Study finds bigfoot sightings correlate with black bear populations ...... it takes the BFRO organizations reported sightings list and compares that with the largest populations of black bear across the country, the most sightings happen in those locales, with the percentage rising 4% for every 1000 bears.....im not saying this accounts for all sightings but does give an example of probable misidentification in a lot of cases. since the early 80's the new jersey bear population has been steadily increasing yearly, therefore could also account for more and more B.F sightings...... as much as i would like to believe the legend, i must admit i am becoming more and more skeptical as time goes by. partly due to the other urban legends such as the rake, and dogman. and then due to modern technology it is becoming hard to believe that a single apex predator can go hidden with no proof (even though so many claim to see it) much less numerous predatory type creatures..... urban legend and creepy pasta have ran these legends to their end i fear........ i was speaking with a group a couple of months ago who expressed the same concerns with the direction of the B.F field, it is rapidly becoming that the so called "investigators" are the biggest threat to the field in general. like they said, all a skeptic has to do is sit back and let these investigators prove they dont exist....(funny also the group i was talking with were being shunned by a lot in the field for doing fieldwork. shaking up the status quo, so to speak......little secret, that is why no one posts in public groups or similar platforms, only their own, controllable outlets)...... i really hope someday that undeniable proof is found, but i feel that may not be in this lifetime........
I totally get your point and I agree there are probably a ton of reports that are other animals and that the fad of hunting the BF has caused a glut of crazy people to fake stuff, make up stories and probably drive the wildlife crazy. On the other hand, it has gotten a lot of people out in the woods enjoying nature and some good times tog with friends. I really do think there are some credible reports, and it only takes one real sighting to make it true. I don't believe everyone is lying or that everyone is seeing a bear. There are just too many sightings all over the world. It is just my opinion based on the logic of probabilities.

I totally get your point and I agree there are probably a ton of reports that are other animals and that the fad of hunting the BF has caused a glut of crazy people to fake stuff, make up stories and probably drive the wildlife crazy. On the other hand, it has gotten a lot of people out in the woods enjoying nature and some good times tog with friends. I really do think there are some credible reports, and it only takes one real sighting to make it true. I don't believe everyone is lying or that everyone is seeing a bear. There are just too many sightings all over the world. It is just my opinion based on the logic of probabilities.
i agree in a lot of ways, and do still hope and try to hang on to there being something to it. and it does get people out and exploring, heck, ive been all over arkansas, missouri, the entire southeast coastal states, camping, hiking, and doing festivals. i still do cryptid oriented festivals from march through november and meet and talk to a lot of people.... good times and fun. but as far as sightings, it may seem like a lot when youre in the environment/groups/clicks, but the actual number is actually rather small in comparison to the real world.... there are 300 million people in the U.S and only 10% believe in Bigfoot and only maybe 2% of that have claimed a sighting... very small compared to the overall population of people out and about, hikers, campers, hunters, etc..... its a fun topic and a hobby to get out and explore, but when taking all things into consideration the probabilities are quickly shrinking to the actual existance.....( thats just my view of course,) in todays world of cams that can cover 100 feet and are easily disguised, (and now cheap to aquire), dash cams on cars, ring cams and street cams, drones etc.. .... and other facts, no bones or tools, no e-dna which has moved forward in leaps and bounds over the last couple years.. but i do like that a lot of groups are now forming and using a lot of true science to investigate, and a lot are getting back to covering from a "facts" point of view and leaving the conclusion up to the reader/veiwer without claiming an absolute either way..... back to where "you" the researcher can decide for yourself what to take and build from..... the field needs that, not the jumping on the " it has to be B.G" bandwagon so many have fallen into with every sound or thing they see..... a method that can be built upon and used and civily discussed between all is the only way to know for sure and make gains in either direction... the bigfoot camps were split and fighting amongst themselves for way too long, its time to bring in the new researchers and get back to everyone working together.......

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
i agree in a lot of ways, and do still hope and try to hang on to there being something to it. and it does get people out and exploring, heck, ive been all over arkansas, missouri, the entire southeast coastal states, camping, hiking, and doing festivals. i still do cryptid oriented festivals from march through november and meet and talk to a lot of people.... good times and fun. but as far as sightings, it may seem like a lot when youre in the environment/groups/clicks, but the actual number is actually rather small in comparison to the real world.... there are 300 million people in the U.S and only 10% believe in Bigfoot and only maybe 2% of that have claimed a sighting... very small compared to the overall population of people out and about, hikers, campers, hunters, etc..... its a fun topic and a hobby to get out and explore, but when taking all things into consideration the probabilities are quickly shrinking to the actual existance.....( thats just my view of course,) in todays world of cams that can cover 100 feet and are easily disguised, (and now cheap to aquire), dash cams on cars, ring cams and street cams, drones etc.. .... and other facts, no bones or tools, no e-dna which has moved forward in leaps and bounds over the last couple years.. but i do like that a lot of groups are now forming and using a lot of true science to investigate, and a lot are getting back to covering from a "facts" point of view and leaving the conclusion up to the reader/veiwer without claiming an absolute either way..... back to where "you" the researcher can decide for yourself what to take and build from..... the field needs that, not the jumping on the " it has to be B.G" bandwagon so many have fallen into with every sound or thing they see..... a method that can be built upon and used and civily discussed between all is the only way to know for sure and make gains in either direction... the bigfoot camps were split and fighting amongst themselves for way too long, its time to bring in the new researchers and get back to everyone working together.......
Most of the population doesn't go out into the woods. If you ask indigenous people who live in these locations the ratio of sightings is very high and they just don't have a belief in these beings, they have a culture of knowing they exist. I guess we are just on two different sides of this thought process Paul, but that's ok. We have some great discussions on the topic.

Reactions: Selectric
Well said! 100%. I know too many people who have seen the thing for it to be a Legend..…

Last edited: