Paranormal experience?

Soul Edge

Reaction score
This happened a couple of years ago... to this day I'm not even sure what it was or even if it was something paranormal to begin with. From the best of my recollection, it took place one after 11PM. I was sitting in the room where I have my consoles setup and playing some XBox, while my wife was in the adjacent room. We both heard a loud bang that seemed to be coming from our basement. I went into the room where my wife was and we both inquired from each other if we were the ones who made that noise. Then we heard it again and got scared, like someone banging on the wall downstairs and really loud too.

At that point, we got scared and thought that someone had entered our house and I began to doubt whether I had locked the garage or not. So we barricaded ourselves in a room (or rather just locked the door) and called 911 saying that it sounds like someone had entered our house and we heard banging sounds from the basement. After asking us questions to make sure that it couldn't be a child or pet who might be downstairs, they sent some cops over. While waiting, we also heard what sounded like footsteps in the basement.

Anyhow, shortly after, the cops arrived, we let them in and then they had a look downstairs as well as around the house outside. There were no footprints seen outside (which would have appeared in the snow. There was around 3-4 inches around that time). And they found...absolutely nothing. No signs of forced entry and all doors and windows were closed and locked. And of course, they didn't find anyone in the basement either. Well, I did confirm that I had indeed locked the garage door. We haven't heard anything like that since.

Though it doesn't particularly bother me, every now and then I wonder what it could have been. Thoughts?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Thanks for sharing SE. That must have been scary at the time.

Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Glad that you joined this friendly community of like minded and respectful members.

Reactions: Soul Edge
Thanks, I look forward to sharing more of my experiences and reading those of others as well.

Reactions: 7Critter
Wow that had to be really convincing to lock yourself in a room and call the police! That had to be scary to really believe someone was in the house. That’s everyone’s big fear.

What it was is the question. Since you’ve not heard anything since I have no idea. Did you have a lot of stress in your life at the time? I’ve heard our suppressed energy can cause activity.

I've never understood what it was. Though that time was a relatively low stress time for me, given that I was actually gaming. I've had times with much higher stress levels than that, though I haven't experienced anything like that in those times. When I think of it, anytime I've experienced activity has not coincided with higher stress levels or anything like that. Sometimes it might have a caused a spike in my stress levels, but wasn't the result of it.

Hi Edge. Glad to have you with us. I'm out ill at the moment but stopped by and saw your post here. Loud bangs and footsteps could be a residual haunting. It may only happen once, when energy is somehow triggered and released from stone or ground and it's like a play back of a tape. In fact if my groggy mind remembers it's called Stone Tape recordings. Sometimes they will be repetitive, other times just one time event.

Hi Edge. Glad to have you with us. I'm out ill at the moment but stopped by and saw your post here. Loud bangs and footsteps could be a residual haunting. It may only happen once, when energy is somehow triggered and released from stone or ground and it's like a play back of a tape. In fact if my groggy mind remembers it's called Stone Tape recordings. Sometimes they will be repetitive, other times just one time event.

Interesting explanation, thanks.

Are these more related to the building / house instead of the occupants ?
I’ve always thought of them as being imprinted by a past occupant and triggered by something in the present. I’ve heard of event anniversary dates being a trigger. It could have been created on the land and have nothing to do with the present building. Others may have a diff idea on this but it’s how I understand it.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi