Oldies but Goodies - 1940's

Love me some Glenn Miller and wine in the Adirondack chair on the back porch on a hot summer night!

I have a pandora station that started with Glenn Miller & now has all kinds of good stuff like the Andrews Sisters and Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, and then I found Vera Lynn...
pic15_possible_vera_lynn.1.jpg

Love her. When I heard her I loved her, then when I saw her I loved her even more, she looks so familiar to me.

Then I found out she's still singing...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...0/Dame-Vera-Lynn-97-to-release-new-album.html

This is the kind of talent the world needs today.

Reactions: Seahunter
Love me some Glenn Miller and wine in the Adirondack chair on the back porch on a hot summer night!

I have a pandora station that started with Glenn Miller & now has all kinds of good stuff like Andrews Sisters and Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, and then I found Vera Lynn...
pic15_possible_vera_lynn.1.jpg

Love her. When I heard her I loved her, then when I saw her I loved her even more, she looks so familiar to me.

Then I found out she's still singing...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...0/Dame-Vera-Lynn-97-to-release-new-album.html

This is the kind of talent the world needs today.
Wow, she's 98 - how cool is that?!

Yeah, I love big band music. I played trumpet for several years when I was younger, and I like big band, swing, jazz, and I played a lot of Sousa marches too.

animated-trumpet-image-0005.gif

Wow, she's 98 - how cool is that?!

Yeah, I love big band music. I played trumpet for several years when I was younger, and I like big band, swing, jazz, and I played a lot of Sousa marches too.

animated-trumpet-image-0005.gif

That's one of her best known songs if you haven't heard it. I think my other fascination with 40s music was its support of the troops.

I begrudgingly played the piano for 5 years. Never amounted to much, wasn't my dream. :p I dabbled in acoustic guitar & mandolin. Mandolin was more my style.