Old McDonald had a blog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
It seems like everyone and his brother has a blog these days, and I'm sure Old McDonald probably has one too, dishing out tips on animal husbandry and ways to coax more eggs from chickens. So the question is, do you have blog or have you ever thought about starting one? What would you write about?

I have thought about it on a few occasions, but the things that I would write about (comics or computers) are in already well covered territory. In addition, I suspect I would lose interest after an initial burst of activity. :rolleyes:

I've thought about it and still mull it over as a possibility. It's kinda "write the book or do the blog." Not sure which way to go. Decisions, decisions! lol And you all already know my subject matter! ;)

Reactions: surge
My family is always hounding me for not keeping in touch, and for avoiding online social media. This prompted me to make a blog a few years ago for them I called "Poop Happens - Life from Inside the Bowl". In it I basically documented my trials and tribulations as my black cloud followed me around! I did it for a while, and then stopped.

Reactions: surge and Debi
I've decided to start a blog. What's the best way to do it? Where do I go? What do I do?

Yes, I see that. I may go with a self hosted Word Press option so that I have control of my content.

:(:mad:

Setting up a blog is a lot harder to do that I initially thought. I am on Wordpress and am self funded so no one could ask them to pull my content, but I can't get the changes that I saved to stay saved. That and there are like 5 themes on Wordpress that are free. I thought there were hundreds. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that I am doing something wrong.

Reactions: Seahunter
Status
Not open for further replies.