Odd (Ghost?) Photo my Mum took

AustinHinton

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Last weekend my mum and her BF went camping in West Virgina, while they were out riding along the trails (They were quad-biking) they passed an old tunnel, my mum took a pic with her iPhone and showed me this image:

Which seems to show an odd v-shaped object. While it may have simply been a camera burp, or the strap of the phone case, this image taken moments later shows no sigh of the anomaly:

I'm not saying this is a ghostly photo, i just wanna hear your thoughts on what this could have been.

Something got in front of the camera, which is why the background was out of focus. Could be anomalous, could be a glitch (sometimes when you shoot, the iPhone fixes focus before snapping the pic) or could be a moth.

Never cease to question everything you see. That’s how we make discoveries, AustinHinton

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Something got in front of the camera, which is why the background was out of focus. Could be anomalous, could be a glitch (sometimes when you shoot, the iPhone fixes focus before snapping the pic) or could be a moth.

Never cease to question everything you see. That’s how we make discoveries, AustinHinton

Thanks for the reply! :) And i never, ever stop questioning!

Reactions: Debi
Hi Austin! We asked T-Bob and he said it looks to him as if something flew too close to the lens and it couldn't focus. I ended up with pareidolia from it! I can see an owl...lol

Austin, T-Bob is a pro photographer, and if I see him in live chat I'll ask him to take a look. PS, I keep waiting for The Roadrunner to come out of that tunnel.:p

LOL! Thanks for asking T-Bob

Hi Austin! We asked T-Bob and he said it looks to him as if something flew too close to the lens and it couldn't focus. I ended up with pareidolia from it! I can see an owl...lol

Who is T-Bob by the way?

That's a creepy one if you look close. Could be something

What sort of something?

Reactions: Paintman
As a writer with a very active imagination and a desire to believe, I would like to think that the camera caught a phantom train speeding through the tunnel on the way to its next stop. While that is just my imagination, there is a theory that energy can be trapped in places and continue to repeat an action long after the physical object has left the scene. The theory of residual energy.

Reactions: Debi
As a writer with a very active imagination and a desire to believe, I would like to think that the camera caught a phantom train speeding through the tunnel on the way to its next stop. While that is just my imagination, there is a theory that energy can be trapped in places and continue to repeat an action long after the physical object has left the scene. The theory of residual energy.
Absolutely, Bonnie. I've experienced this phenomena myself. It's often energy trapped within stone, sometimes within wood. The new studies show that stone such as limestone, much like crystals, can "record" an event and replay.