No more resolutions!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I refuse to even make a list! lol
Although I do have a few goals this year, I refuse to set resolutions that I will immediately break. ;bg3
So, this year, I've set a few life goals on paper...none of which involve dieting, etc.
Call it a bucket list if you wish, but not a resolution.
Got anything on yours this year?

I consider my birthday my personal new year. And I don't do resolutions, but I make a list of faults that I want to diminish, and things I want to accomplish, like learning to paint or do a new craft, or finish a book I am writing.

I consider my birthday my personal new year. And I don't do resolutions, but I make a list of faults that I want to diminish, and things I want to accomplish, like learning to paint or do a new craft, or finish a book I am writing.
That is a lovely way of putting it, Garnet! Diminish and accomplish...I like that.

I don't do New Years Resolutions. It always seemed very silly to stand up a declare "I am making a promise to improve my life in this specific way! But I'm going to wait to start until this arbitrary date." To me this kind of guarantees that the resolution is going to fail because the person doesn't even have enough willingness to start on their own time frame.

I think resolutions are a good thing……It allows you to rewrite the paradigm in your brain of the failures of the previous year and allows you to reset, and refocus on new goals. This re-wiring puts you a positive path to help make life better for you and those around you. If it helps one person, then those around him will also feel it, and benefit, making the world a better place.

Reactions: Lynne
I never make resolutions on this date, but I do make personal changes when I feel the need. Lately I will admit I have become lazy about my diet and exercise. I used to be very conscious of it and worked out daily, I have not climbed back on the wagon as of yet. Maybe I need to make one.

Reactions: Tworivers71