Navy Pilot report

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
This former Navy fighter pilot, who once chased a UFO, says we should take them seriously. - The Boston Globe

This former Navy pilot, who once chased a UFO, says we should take them seriously

UFO_INCIDENT_1.jpg

David Fravor is a recognizable type. Affable, neatly dressed, with a men’s regular haircut and semi-rimless glasses, he’s a retired military man who works as a consultant in the Boston area. He could be standing in front of you in a Starbucks line and you wouldn’t notice him at all.

But the story he has to tell is literally out of this world.

Thirteen years ago, the Windham, N.H., resident was a veteran US Navy pilot at the controls of an F/A-18-F fighter jet flying off San Diego when he sighted an unidentified flying object and tried to intercept it.

“I want to join on it. I want to see how close I can get to it,” Fravor, 53, said, describing his thinking as he began the pursuit.

Then the object, which looked like a 4o-foot-long Tic Tac candy, “goes whoosh, and it’s gone.” he said. It accelerated rapidly and disappeared like no aircraft he had ever seen in his career.

Fravor has been in the news recently after the New York Times broke the story that the Pentagon had a secret program that investigated reports of UFOs. The Defense Department says it closed down the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program in 2012 after five years, but the program’s backers say it remains in existence, investigating UFO reports from service members while carrying out other duties.

The story of Fravor’s close encounter accompanied the expose, illustrating the kinds of UFO stories that are hard to explain away.

“I know what I saw,” said Fravor.

The incident occurred on Nov. 14, 2004. It was about 140 miles southwest of San Diego, Fravor said. The commander of a squadron of more than 300 service members aboard the carrier USS Nimitz, he was flying a brand-new plane with a weapons systems officer in the back seat. Another fighter from his squadron, with pilot and weapons system officer aboard, was flying with him. It was a perfect Southern California day.

The sea was calm, without whitecaps. No clouds marred the sky.

A radio operator from the cruiser USS Princeton directed them to an area where the Princeton had been tracking mysterious objects for two weeks. The objects had been dropping straight down from above 80,000 feet and stopping at 20,000 feet. “They’d hang out for hours, and then when they were done, they would go straight back up,” Fravor said.

When the two fighters got to the assigned location, they spotted a disturbance under the water, Fravor said. To him, it looked like something the size of a Boeing 737 airplane was underneath, causing waves to break over it.

“Then we see this bright white object” above the disturbance, moving erratically, back and forth, left and right, bouncing around like a ping pong ball, he said.

Full story at site

Not so much conformation of UFOs as it is they saw something....Remember what the "U" in UFO stands for.....Listen this talk by Neil Degrasse Tyson on UFOs:

I couldn’t watch the intire show. For such a smart man he is a jerk. He actually called the public ignorant because we believe UFOS are not man made. He certainly enjoys entertaining the crowd at our expense. There are credible eye witnesses and the video released is pretty convincing. Whatever that thing on the military camera is, we can’t reproduce it’s speed. It’s deductive reasoning, something this man doesn’t seem to think the public is able to do. He needs to move in with Stanton Freeman.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
I couldn’t watch the intire show. For such a smart man he is a jerk. He actually called the public ignorant because we believe UFOS are not man made. He certainly enjoys entertaining the crowd at our expense. There are credible eye witnesses and the video released is pretty convincing. Whatever that thing on the military camera is, we can’t reproduce it’s speed. It’s deductive reasoning, something this man doesn’t seem to think the public is able to do. He needs to move in with Stanton Freeman.
I'm with you all the way on that, Lynne. The man ticks me off. He is a flippant, smug, dismissive know it all. Give me Stephen Hawking anyday!

Reactions: NobleHouse
I'm with you all the way on that, Lynne. The man ticks me off. He is a flippant, smug, dismissive know it all. Give me Stephen Hawking anyday!
Totally agree. I can’t swear here or you know what I’d call him.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi

There are eyewitnesses sure but just because they wear a badge or they are s pilot does not make them credible....Stanton Friedman has never been one of my favorites either. As far as man made UFOs there are plenty and there is even a You Tube video on how to make one here:

Given all the fakery and trickery thats gone on in Ufology its hard to separate fact from fiction at times....Here are a few pages on eyewitness testimony concerning UFOs:

UFO Witness Testimony: True or False?
The UFO Reality

UFOs: Distortion or Mental Aberrations
The UFO Reality: UFOs: Distortion or Mental Aberrations

These are fairly old but I think they still apply in some cases.

Before anyone accuses me of not believing in them let me say this...I am not saying they don't exist, I am just saying that everything UFO is not from
outer space.....There are literally thousands of eyewitness reports on this stuff and it would be foolhardy to say the least to dismiss them all as delusions or something.

Last edited:
There are eyewitnesses sure but just because they wear a badge or they are s pilot does not make them credible....Stanton Friedman has never been one of my favorites either. As far as man made UFOs there are plenty and there is even a You Tube video on how to make one here:

I agree there are many, many false UFO reports out there, Prophet. That doesn't make the other unexplained ones less credible. I've seen one and stand by the U in that UFO description, as I can't tell you what it was for sure. My problem with Neil there is his condescending attitude and his lack of an open mind.

I agree there are many, many false UFO reports out there, Prophet. That doesn't make the other unexplained ones less credible. I've seen one and stand by the U in that UFO description, as I can't tell you what it was for sure. My problem with Neil there is his condescending attitude and his lack of an open mind.

Well anyone with a degree I have found has that attitude....They think that because they have that piece of paper they are right and everyone else is wrong.

That doesn't make the other unexplained ones less credible.

I would have to beg to differ on this.

Well anyone with a degree I have found has that attitude....They think that because they have that piece of paper they are right and everyone else is wrong.

I would have to beg to differ on this.
OK, we can differ...:)

I have found that people without the piece of paper often have way more life sense and common sense than those who wave their degree as a shield.