Nature signs of a hard winter

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
20 Signs of a Hard Winter - Farmers' Almanac

Here in my neck of the woods, the farmers still check many of these "signs" for a hard winter to come. I've found a few of them appear to be pretty darn accurate!

You'll need to open this link because of the many pictures, but it's worth the look. Do you use any of these old ways to predict winter in your area? One of the big ones used here is #18...the Woollyworm.

The corn husks are heavy this year. I haven't see a Monarch butterfly all season, what does that mean! Butterfly's and fireflys are not common anymore. It's scary. However we've had a problem with wasps, the ones that look like bees.

What do you all think about the coming winter?

The corn husks are heavy this year. I haven't see a Monarch butterfly all season, what does that mean! Butterfly's and fireflys are not common anymore. It's scary. However we've had a problem with wasps, the ones that look like bees.

What do you all think about the coming winter?
According to my local wollyworm reports, locally we should be having a wet but normal temp winter in my area.

I saw very few butterflies this year, Lynne! The few fireflies I saw were the ones that somehow ended up in my bedroom flashing their little tails off all night until I caught them and put them outsie. Weirdly, saw no others outside.

Reactions: Lynne
According to my local wollyworm reports, locally we should be having a wet but normal temp winter in my area.

I saw very few butterflies this year, Lynne! The few fireflies I saw were the ones that somehow ended up in my bedroom flashing their little tails off all night until I caught them and put them outsie. Weirdly, saw no others outside.
I'm predicting a mild winter with little snow. I bought a snow blower :D. You all can thank me now :D