NASA's new robot for Mars

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
NASA reveals new footage of its Valkyrie robot - Unexplained Mysteries

The futuristic humanoid contraption is being designed to operate autonomously on the surface of Mars.
Footage of the robot in action, which was recorded during a recent test at the Johnson Space Center, shows Valkryie effortlessly stepping across a room filled with concrete blocks.

Equipped with 200 sensors in its head, shoulders, abdomen and legs, it can effectively pick out obstacles and uneven terrain so that it can move forward without falling over anything.

On its website, NASA describes Valkyrie as "a robust, rugged, entirely electric humanoid robot capable of operating in degraded or damaged human-engineered environments."

Reactions: Paintman
OK...

It's super slow so where do they plan on landing it and for what and why? Not like it can roam the whole planet.

If it does tip over I guess the money and time spent on this thing will be a huge loss. Of which I already think it is.

Yes, I'm a scrooge when it comes to mind boggling amounts of money being spent on something that is not useful in many many ways. Walking over rocks really slow isn't useful in my opinion. :confused:

Reactions: Paintman and Debi