NASA teases Hubble find

I'm concerned that whatever it is, it will be "intriguing" only to astro-physicists and science geeks. After all the buildup (which makes no sense at all, just release it already), I can't help but think we are in for a bit of disappointment. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Paulm
I'm concerned that whatever it is, it will be "intriguing" only to astro-physicists and science geeks. After all the buildup (which makes no sense at all, just release it already), I can't help but think we are in for a bit of disappointment. Hope I'm wrong.
I was thinking the same thing, another "we found what could be the shadow of what might be a new planet, but we wont know for sure until it passes by its sun again in 2099"

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
NASA retracted when they found Planet X the early 1980s. Immediately after finding a new mass, they retracted the story from the news media who they let publish their findings. Major let down. Well documented and was in all major papers that a new planet was found.
Then it wasn’t found. Oops.

It kind can tough to decipher the notes of those with credentials that only their peers can understand. Usually there are two versions, the original and one people can understand.

We’ll see soon what is coming out!

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
True, Michael, but hopefully the peer review process weeds-out the "Oops" moments. I think it happens mostly when PR departments get ahold of something that is best left to scientists.