Name Something....

Lynne, we live relatively close. I have lots of butterflies, but what is the deal w/ lightning bugs ? Where did they go ? Any science ? I never would have noticed but then you mentioned it.
I know. Somebody shed some light on this

Most species of fireflies thrive as larvae in rotting wood and forest litter at the margins of ponds and streams. And as they grow, they more or less stay where they were born. Some species are more aquatic than others, and a few are found in more arid areas—but most are found in fields, forests and marshes. Their environment of choice is warm, humid and near standing water of some kind—ponds, streams and rivers, or even shallow depressions that retain water longer than the surrounding ground. (This is from debi's article.)
I'm gonna call someone who lives near The Grand Kankakee Marsh, just south of me. It's a perfect habitat according to the description.
Oh, and I miss 'Tang' and the PB&J that comes in the jar all swirled together.

Butterflies and lightning bugs. As a kid they were everywhere. Now they are a rare sight. It's disturbing
Same thing with bees. I'll go for days without seeing one, except the odd one I see crawling. Then I give them a little water. Then like a few days later I walk past a tree and it's buzzing. They're just in and out.

Reactions: Debi
An honest politician.

A hard worker.

Someone who doesn't expect everything to be given to them without working for it.

Sixlets.

A grade school athlete who had to earn a trophy rather than be given one "because we're all winners".

People smoking in restaurants. (Thank goodness!)

Typewriters.

A hand written letter.

Large fold-able maps.

A phone book.

A set of encyclopedias.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi