Mysterious places you can't visit

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
10 Mysterious Destinations That People Are Banned From Visiting | The Ghost Diaries

by The Occult Museum
Traveling is increasingly easy in our ever more globalized world, with many locations easily accessible in a day or less. From scorching deserts to refreshing beaches and evergreen forests, the most beautiful places on Earth are generally only a flight, train trip, or car ride away. Yet, there are certain places where people are not allowed or where access is limited to only a certain few. Whether it’s a cave with sensitive art or an island covered in deadly snakes, some places are best left alone. In short, the world may be our oyster, but some parts just aren’t worth the trouble.

Full story and pics at site. Some of these are kinda cool!

These were very interesting. Some I knew and others were a surprise. Like the new island being studied. The amazing one was the chapel supposidely housing the ark of the covenent !! Wow quite a claim. Why won’t they let anyone validate it? Hummm

Reactions: Seahunter
Okay, Snake Island is just wrong in so many ways! :eek: "The fact that there is one snake per square meter is already scary, but this endangered snake’s venom can melt human flesh." One snake per square METER! :eek: With that many snakes, how is there anything left for them to eat on the island?

Okay, Snake Island is just wrong in so many ways! :eek: "The fact that there is one snake per square meter is already scary, but this endangered snake’s venom can melt human flesh." One snake per square METER! :eek: With that many snakes, how is there anything left for them to eat on the island?
Good point on the food source. I was wondering how all the diff species got there. How does a place like this develope? I’ll skip that place too. St Patrick needs to have a visit.

Good point on the food source. I was wondering how all the diff species got there. How does a place like this develope? I’ll skip that place too. St Patrick needs to have a visit.
Yes, if the snakes are not aquatic, the scientists would have you believe that they somehow got a "ride" to the island on floating vegetation, wood, etc., which is very hard to imagine. Depending on how long the snakes have been there, I would almost think it had to be man intervening.

Yes, if the snakes are not aquatic, the scientists would have you believe that they somehow got a "ride" to the island on floating vegetation, wood, etc., which is very hard to imagine. Depending on how long the snakes have been there, I would almost think it had to be man intervening.
Maybe it was pirates protecting their treasure :D