My tarot reading experience

Madison714

Reaction score
I did a free tarot reading online and I must admit that I was very surprised with the way it was interpreted. It exactly matched me, my life, and what has happened to me! Do you understand the principles behind how the cards work?

Madison

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Madison, welcome to the forum. I'm not that up on Tarot cards, but Debi is. She'll be along shortly and can offer her wisdom!

I did a free tarot reading online and I must admit that I was very surprised with the way it was interpreted. It exactly matched me, my life, and what has happened to me! Do you understand the principles behind how the cards work?

Madison
Hello, Madison. I've edited out the site you used, but as an overall view on tarot I will offer my own insights on it.

I can read tarot well myself. However, I use them as tools for divine-ization rather divination. It's much like looking into a mirror to see what areas in our life need attention or need to be worked on. It's possible for people to draw the exact same cards and "see" two different meanings. Even if the words on a page like you used is telling them what it means, both people will apply that to themselves in different ways and see different meanings for themselves.

And this, I believe, is what the Tarot is SUPPOSED to do...allow us to look at ourselves...the good and the bad.

Hello, Madison. I've edited out the site you used, but as an overall view on tarot I will offer my own insights on it.

I can read tarot well myself. However, I use them as tools for divine-ization rather divination. It's much like looking into a mirror to see what areas in our life need attention or need to be worked on. It's possible for people to draw the exact same cards and "see" two different meanings. Even if the words on a page like you used is telling them what it means, both people will apply that to themselves in different ways and see different meanings for themselves.

And this, I believe, is what the Tarot is SUPPOSED to do...allow us to look at ourselves...the good and the bad.
I use tarot cards too for that word I've never heard before, 'divine-ization". I'm personally a bit iffy on divination since I messed with a ouija board as a teen. I aint talkin to spirits unless I'm telling them to leave lol. and its my opinion that I have no place to ask about the future other than simple guidance.

and to add to your one card meaning more than one thing, I've noticed if I ask my cards the exact same query over again, using the exact same spread, obviously different cards will show up in different places, but the overall answer seems to be strikingly similar even if I do the exact same spread and query 3-4 times.

for that reason I tend to get very analytical answers. my one friend likes my deck for that reason.

in my honest opinion and experience, there's no power to the cards. the power of your own intuition really determines the answer. the cards are just an interesting tool helping you look at a bigger picture.

heck, there are articles online on how to use a poker deck, coins and even normal game dice for divination. and it all boils down to your own power and intuition for the most part.