My Christian Perspective on Schizophrenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply and the blog link, COG. I am wondering if the psychiatrists openly discuss the idea that evil spirits may be the cause of their patients' symptoms, or if they do not because it would be like a pilot reporting a UFO for example.
I told one psychiatrist that it would be easy to prove that what people see is not in their heads. All they would have to do is turn the lights down when a schizophrenic came into the emergency room and start snapping photos with a quality digital camera with a flash. The spirits would show up in the photos. But this would require that they know something of the spirit world. It is easier for them to imply that it is a brain disorder and prescribe the patient a pill. I consider psychiatrists to be quack doctors and not deserving their salary.

Thanks for the reply and the blog link, COG. I am wondering if the psychiatrists openly discuss the idea that evil spirits may be the cause of their patients' symptoms, or if they do not because it would be like a pilot reporting a UFO for example.
they do, and i think theres a forum post about it. i cant find it tho. can anyone help me find the post about some scientist helping exorcists out? ive been looking for it for the past hour. cant even find my comment in my history. hopefully it didnt get removed

Cog, first let me address the fact that I don't allow medical advice on the site for a variety of reasons and this thread is now wandering dangerously close to my line on that rule.

I told one psychiatrist that it would be easy to prove that what people see is not in their heads. All they would have to do is turn the lights down when a schizophrenic came into the emergency room and start snapping photos with a quality digital camera with a flash. The spirits would show up in the photos. But this would require that they know something of the spirit world.
This is not necessarily a fact. Even with a camera, spirits don't always show themselves. I honor your opinion on this, but many will disagree with you, even from a Christian perspective. Until something can be proven, medicine must follow certain guidelines and protocals, Cog.

I consider psychiatrists to be quack doctors and not deserving their salary.
My other rule is I do not allow negative statements about others or other groups in general. As a group, most psychiatrists that I have met are well meaning, caring, and do the best they can for their patients. You may disagree with the protocals and procedures, but as humans, most do their best to meet the needs of those with a need to be treated.

they do, and i think theres a forum post about it. i cant find it tho. can anyone help me find the post about some scientist helping exorcists out? ive been looking for it for the past hour. cant even find my comment in my history. hopefully it didnt get removed
It's here but I will need to find it in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.