Rivers of evil
Run through dying land
Swimming in sorrow, they kill, steal, and borrow, there is no tomorrow
For the sinners will be damned
Ashes to ashes
You cannot exhume a soul
Who do you trust when corruption and lust, creed of all the unjust,
Leaves you empty and unwhole?
When will this nightmare be over? Tell me!
When can I empty my head?
Will someone tell me the answer?
Is God really dead?
Is God really dead?

To safeguard my philosophy
Until my dying breath
I transfer from reality
Into a mental death
I empathize with enemes
Until the timing’s right
With God and Satan at my side
From darkness will come light

I watch the rain
As it turns red
Give me more wine
I don’t need bread

These riddles that live in my head
I don’t believe that God is dead
God is dead

Nowhere to run
Nowhere to hide
Wondering if we will meet again
On the other side
Do you believe a word
What the good book said?
Or is it just a holy fairytale
And God is dead?
God is dead, God is dead
God is dead, God is dead

Right!

But still the voices in my head
Are telling me that God is dead
The blood pours down
The rain turns red
I don’t believe that God is dead
God is dead, God is dead
God is dead

Written by Terence Butler, Tony Iommi, John Osbourne • Copyright © BMG Rights Management US

One of my all time favorites. It makes you ask the question, "what if." What if I would have made this decision, would I have ever met my wife if I had not gone to the park on that fateful day, what if I could time travel and change one event in my life. What if we had never been fans of Art Bell and met on this forum. What if . . . .

Shine by Collective Soul. When my family and I moved to the town my parents still live in now way back in 1993, I used to ride my bike over to my grandma's house to watch MTV (back when it was still MTV lol), and still remember being blown away by this song/video. It was the first CD I ever bought because it was so awesome.

This was a promotional concert for Seattle-based independent record label Sub Pop's 20th anniversary back in 2008. Green River, one of the first grunge bands from the early 1980s, one of the most influential bands of all time for bands that came after them, and also the first grunge band to record a professional album, played at this special reunion. If I had known it was going to happen, I would have found a way to get there. :(

One neat thing Mark Arm did was to introduce the band members by naming the bands they left at the time, to join Green River back in the 80s. That was a very nice nostalgic touch :D it was so cool, since it was the first time they performed together as Green River since the 1980s. They are known as the "fathers of grunge", and two of their members eventually went on to form Pearl Jam, one of the most successful bands ever, and one of Seattle's "Big Four" among Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden.

Mark Arm - vocals (Mudhoney, Green River)
Jeff Ament - bass (Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Mother Love Bone, Green River, Deranged Diction)
Stone Gossard - guitar (Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Mother Love Bone, Green River, The Ducky Boys, March of Crimes)
Steve Turner - guitar (Mudhoney, Green River, Mr. Epp and the Calculations, The Ducky Boys)
Bruce Fairweather - guitar (Love Battery, Mother Love Bone, Green River)
Alex Vincent - drums (Limp Richerds, Green River, Spluii Numa)

Another one of my favorites, Shadow of the Season by the Screaming Trees. My favorite song by them, and my favorite album, Sweet Oblivion, which is also the only album of theirs I own. I also have the corresponding shirt for this album lol :D

Last edited:
Another underrated grunge band of the early-mid 90s was Love Battery. My favorite song "Half Past You" was from my favorite album of theirs, "Far Gone".

Interesting note: at 1:04 of the video, the drummer throws his stick up over his head, then reaches backwards and catches it and continues drumming on. ;)

I remember reading years ago that this song was reportedly what inspired current vocalist William DuVall to really get into Alice in Chains. This song was made for the 1992 movie "Singles", about young couples and single friends living in an apartment building trying to get by. This music video won the award for Best Video from a Film at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards that year for its contribution to the movie. The movie is kind of different and interesting. I recommend seeing it at least once.