Mummy in unexplored tomb

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Mummy discovered in unexplored Luxor tomb - Unexplained Mysteries

news-luxor.jpg

Archaeologists have uncovered an unidentified mummy within a previously unexplored tomb near Luxor, Egypt.
The tomb, which was one of two discovered back in the 1990s by German archaeologist Frederica Kampp, is being investigated by Egypt's antiquities ministry in a bid to boost local tourism.

It is situated in the Dra Abu el Naga necropolis near to the Temple of Hatshepsut and Valley of Kings.

"It's truly an exceptional day," said Antiquities Minister Khaled al Enany. "The 18th dynasty private tombs were already known. But it's the first time to enter inside the two tombs."

The linen-wrapped mummy is currently unidentified however archaeologists believe that it could be the scribe Maati whose name can be found on funerary cones within the tomb's rectangular chamber.

"The tomb has a court lined with stone and mud-brick walls," the ministry said. "It has a six-meter deep burial shaft at its southern side that lead to four side chambers."

"Studies reveal that the tomb was reused in antiquity."

I have such mixed feelings about digging up the dead. I guess we’ve learned a lot, however I’m sure the dead person was hoping to Rest In Peace. I will read all about the discoveries tho.