Mount Shasta cloud photo sparks UFO rumors

It is strange how different people react when they come face to face with a UFO that totally removes them from the realm of possible fantasy. My experience was like your sons. I stopped got out of my truck and watched as this huge thing silently and slowly passed over me. My feeling was more shocked ecstasy than anything else. I had always wanted to see one and the reality was everything that I could have hoped for. I think that part of the difference was that when I was a kid my only ambition was to be an aeronautical engineer and to build the first space station. I have scrapbooks with all the newspaper clippings of the early space program. Unfortunately, after we went to the moon we turned our backs on space. Now we have to hitchhike with the Russians to even get a man into orbit. If that ship had come down and dropped a ramp I would have RUN aboard!!!

When I looked up at it I saw what we could have been. My mind went into overdrive trying to imagine what sort of system would allow something of that size to just hang there so majestically. Not a bit of sound. It moved so slowly and smoothly that it didn't even seem to disturb the air. Honestly, there are very few things that I fear. Some might even say that I don't have enough sense to be afraid. I'm the guy that spent the night in the haunted houses and considered graveyards at night to be a great place to go alone to sit and think. I'm not brave, Bravery is doing things even though you are afraid. When I was young I dealt with things and what survived didn't have room left for fear of things that might harm me physically. Yea though I should walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil...because I have been places that are much worse than that...
I'm actually glad that people like you are out there cuz this bird is hiding in her nest if another one flies over. Your description of yourself reminds me of the lead character in Close Encounters....I can see you boarding the ship. :)

Reactions: ElliO
Curiosity may kill the cat BUT then a cat has nine lives and may be quite willing to give one up to get answers. Curiosity is a thirst that can only be quenched with answers.

Reactions: Vanna and Debi
Curiosity may kill the cat BUT then a cat has nine lives and may be quite willing to give one up to get answers. Curiosity is a thirst that can only be quenched with answers.
Just let me know if you start creating the Devil's Tower out of mashed potatoes...

No tater piles for me. I have sat on a hilltop out in the woods a lot of nights though, star gazing and thinking about what it would be like to meet people from another mother planet. I don't think that our visitors, if they are real, are monsters. They may keep picking people up but they put them back most of the time.

Reactions: ElliO and Debi
they probably don't realize they are basically kidnapping people, and they are just wanted to show us how their world is...

I lived in Mount Shasta for five years. Gorgeous shot of a lenticular cloud at sunset! Wish I'd captured it.
Somewhere on a memory card, I have 365 days of pictures of the Mountain, one every morning as I walked out my door.

As to UFO's, Shasta IS a UFO hotspot, but the people seeing the UFO's know they aren't seeing lenticular clouds. Working in a travel shop downtown, I heard so many first-hand stories about things people had seen that I have a hard time believing there's not something really strange going on. Oh, but if you hear about the ChemTrails causing people to get sick and their hair fall out, etc? It's not chemtrails- it's well-water contaminated from the mining runoff. Low level heavy metals make your fingernails brittle and your hair thin, folks. Also, the spiral shell snail conspiracy is not a thing. There is no conspiracy other than to not spread invasive species.
God, I miss living on my mountain with all the normal people! :D

If I recall Mount Shasta has a paranormal/supernatural reputation going back to the native peoples who lived in the region. I've always wanted to visit.

It does! It's a magical place, mystical, spiritual, and strange. I didn't really experience Synchronicity until I moved there, but within a year, I was a solid believer. There's a lot of crazy, lots of nuttiness, (ask me about the snowstorm day at the bookstore sometime) but there's a core of truth in all the insanity.
The stories I heard just working the counter at the bookstore were wild- lights on the mountain, people getting lost and being led back to the trail by the sound of bells, Bigfoot sightings, (This was where I met David Paulides)), alien abductions, ufo sightings...The Native Americans believe the mountain is sacred in her own way, and have their own stories, but most of them are not told to white people.

they probably don't realize they are basically kidnapping people, and they are just wanted to show us how their world is...
I would have to disagree with this. If abduction is happening and I personally believe it is, these beings appear to be fully aware of what they are doing and don’t seem to care about the abductees feelings.