Monkeys Are In Their Stone Age

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Chimpanzees and monkeys have entered the Stone Age
  • By Colin Barras
18 August 2015
In the rainforests of west Africa, the woodlands of Brazil and the beaches of Thailand, archaeologists have unearthed some truly remarkable stone tools.

It's not the workmanship that makes them special. If anything, a casual observer might struggle to even identify them as ancient tools. It's not their antiquity that's exceptional either: they're only about the same age as the Egyptian pyramids.

What makes these tools noteworthy is that the hands that held them weren't human.

These stone tools were wielded by chimpanzees, capuchins and macaques. The sites where they have been unearthed are the basis of a brand new field of science: primate archaeology.

This is pretty cool, but if you wait around long enough, you get 'Planet of The Apes.' This doesn't end well.:(

I don't know how to think about this. If they are that smart do they have rights? Makes ya wonder a bit

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
you get 'Planet of The Apes.'
:eek:

pota-statue-of-liberty-2.jpeg

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Chimpanzees and monkeys have entered the Stone Age
  • By Colin Barras
18 August 2015
In the rainforests of west Africa, the woodlands of Brazil and the beaches of Thailand, archaeologists have unearthed some truly remarkable stone tools.

It's not the workmanship that makes them special. If anything, a casual observer might struggle to even identify them as ancient tools. It's not their antiquity that's exceptional either: they're only about the same age as the Egyptian pyramids.

What makes these tools noteworthy is that the hands that held them weren't human.

These stone tools were wielded by chimpanzees, capuchins and macaques. The sites where they have been unearthed are the basis of a brand new field of science: primate archaeology.

This is pretty cool, but if you wait around long enough, you get 'Planet of The Apes.' This doesn't end well.:(
Just getting ready to post this! I bet T Bob would enjoy reading this

Reactions: Debi
When I was taking my classes in college, I got to take a class in flint knapping, where we learned how to make our own tools out of different materials. Neat class.

Reactions: Lynne
When I was taking my classes in college, I got to take a class in flint knapping, where we learned how to make our own tools out of different materials. Neat class.
They would be good info to have !

Reactions: Seahunter