Midnight Bumper Recommendations

bottomfeeder

Reaction score
If one doesn't already exist, I'd like to suggest a thread dedicated to bumper music recommendations. Let's say people can perhaps provide a quick description and reason for a particular recommendation, plus an appropriate link, so everyone can hear a sample.

I'm certainly not meaning to step on anybody's toes, I just think that maybe Art might appreciate some fresh, new music to consider for his bumper library.

If such an idea seems suitable, where would be the best place for locating such a thread?

Thanks!

As an aside, I'm curious about the constraints that must be adhered to regarding bumper music, so as to avoid creating legal/copyright usage vulnerabilities. I'm guessing that as long as no more than, say, six seconds (for example), doesn't go out over the "air," you will generally avoid upsetting musicians etc. On the other hand, perhaps the show has a budget for bumper music. I believe there are tons of artists who'd readily agree to have their music played as bumper musicout requiring compensation.

Can anyone explain the actual formula that the MITD production is using
for the bumper music?

I'm just curious. :cd::D

Good thread suggestion, bottomfeeder and welcome to the MidnightFans forum. Someone will know, but there are restrictions on what music Art can play without paying enormous royalty fees. It has to do with the year more than the artist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Hi, bottomfeeder. Welcome to the forum! Right here is just fine, so anyone with suggestions, do add on. I believe prior to 1972 is an issue, unless it's been remastered. Which is why there is difficulty in using some of the songs he used to use.

We did do a similar thread prior to finding out he had these restrictions. Let's see what everyone would like to hear! Bring it on, everyone!

Reactions: Grinchesbro
It's amazing how much Art's bumper music has influenced my listening habits. As an example, I was a teen back in the 70's (yes, I'm that damn old) when I heard Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" come out. HATED IT!
Now, after hearing it again as bumper, I absolutely cannot stop listening to it.

Abba is going to take a little more effort though, lol:p

I'm pretty sure that "I'd Love To Change The World" by Ten Years After was part of Art's bumper collection back in the C2C days.
It's so like Art too......because he indeed changes the world, for the better :)

Aside from that, I'll play along.

"Little Wing" -Stevie Ray Vaughan
"Mad World" -Anyone......It's been remade by everyone after Tears For Fears made it
"Wheel In The Sky" -Journey

I could go on and on. I ocasionally hear "Don't Fear The Reaper" which is an awesome song in any case. LESS COWBELL!

Last edited:
Just about anything Fleetwood mac- Boston ,more than a feeling - Led Zeppelin ,in the light intro -Pink Floyd ,Time -Deep Purple, Child in time

Reactions: Debi
I've liked abba my whole life. My aunt and uncle used to listen to them and my mom is nuts for them. The movie Muriel's wedding was full of their songs..great movie. Reaper is my favourite too. I like most of his bumpers though.