Meteor Falls from Scottish Sky

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A mysterious fireball made a dramatic entrance into the Scottish sky, lighting up the night and making a loud rumbling noise, which left residents somewhat confused. The object is believed to have been a meteor, though that has yet to be confirmed.

Police in Scotland said they received a flood of calls at around 6:55pm on Monday, after a bright flash was seen dancing across the sky, Mail Online reported. Residents said they spotted blue, white, and green lights, with many saying they heard a rumbling sound.

The fireball was filmed by several dashcams, with drivers posting the footage online.

Police and astronomers said the fireball was likely to be a meteor, which burned up as it entered Earth's upper atmosphere. However, that speculation has yet to be confirmed.

The Met Office ruled out the possibility of a weather-related cause, stating that there were no thunder storms over Scotland on Monday night.

The unexpected fireball shocked those who witnessed it. Resident Jenni Morrison summed it up with a shout of: “What the hell was that?” in dashcam footage as her car drove underneath the flashing light.

Mysterious 'meteor' lights up Scottish sky, rumbles dramatically (VIDEO)
________________________________________________________________________________

There seems to be an increase in falling stuff from the sky lately....anyone else notice that?

Reactions: Grinchesbro

A mysterious fireball made a dramatic entrance into the Scottish sky, lighting up the night and making a loud rumbling noise, which left residents somewhat confused. The object is believed to have been a meteor, though that has yet to be confirmed.

Police in Scotland said they received a flood of calls at around 6:55pm on Monday, after a bright flash was seen dancing across the sky, Mail Online reported. Residents said they spotted blue, white, and green lights, with many saying they heard a rumbling sound.

The fireball was filmed by several dashcams, with drivers posting the footage online.

Police and astronomers said the fireball was likely to be a meteor, which burned up as it entered Earth's upper atmosphere. However, that speculation has yet to be confirmed.

The Met Office ruled out the possibility of a weather-related cause, stating that there were no thunder storms over Scotland on Monday night.

The unexpected fireball shocked those who witnessed it. Resident Jenni Morrison summed it up with a shout of: “What the hell was that?” in dashcam footage as her car drove underneath the flashing light.

Mysterious 'meteor' lights up Scottish sky, rumbles dramatically (VIDEO)
________________________________________________________________________________

There seems to be an increase in falling stuff from the sky lately....anyone else notice that?
I have noticed an increase of video related to this kind of stuff .Seems like the majority are in other countries and on dash cams so I assumed that it was related to the fact that more cars are being equipped with cameras these days than there was in years prior ,or at least that's what I am hoping .:confused:

I have noticed an increase of video related to this kind of stuff .Seems like the majority are in other countries and on dash cams so I assumed that it was related to the fact that more cars are being equipped with cameras these days than there was in years prior ,or at least that's what I am hoping .:confused:
Actually, tracking the fireball reports, they are up in the amount of hits this last 12 months.

Reactions: Grinchesbro