Men in Black on Coast Guard ship?

is there ever a Man in black? long western jacket? tall guy? fair skin? I met him sitting down on a sidewalk outside a fav minimarket out at the edge of town one night sprinkled with farm fields and rezoned infill sparse houses on my way home. When I pulled up the pickup truck and parked it suddenly I saw him seated directly full on in the beam of my head lights (I hadn't before.) as I got out, to be polite I nodded and apologized for shining the bright light in his eyes, said if I'd seen him I would have turned it off before I pulled in to park. So sorry he tipped his black hat, then I stood and as he stood up he towered over me reaching like to the sky in a long thin man in black clothes with a long black western duster coat and said, "you could see me? "you can see me" "that's unusual" (which should have been a hint.) I proceeded to speak (automatically based on work training) politely using active listening, answering his questions and I asked him questions and he asked for a ride into town "uh could you give me a lift into town" "could i have a ride in your truck can I ride home with you" and I said I need a soda pop. He said "I'll wait" I said my husband made me promise not to give anyone rides again. "are you sure you won't reconsider" No I really can't. And I never saw him again. It was like a psychic reading going on he was acute, and milk white waxy white, dark eyes. It was right outside of town about 2,3 miles down the highway off the frontage road from where I live.

so could there be, a, man, like a tall thin skinny super tall man, in black? pale pale craggy thin guy? does it have to be MEN in black, plural?

BTW I am sure men in black could travel with the coast guard or visit a ship depending on what they had proximity to ... or who was traveling with or near them. being on the ocean might be irrelevant. Who are the men in black anyways?

As I said before, the story this former Coastie tells is believable, but some are reading too much into the guy's over dramatic use of the expression "men in black." He's talking about plain clothes (suits) agents sent to investigate the story and keep it secret. In all probability they were Coast Guard Investigative Service or Treasury Department (USCG was still part of the Treasury Dept in the 70s) special agents.

Read what the guy says, not one comment about or description of the much ballyhooed irregularities of the notorious MiBs. Also no mention of driving in with big, black out-of-date cars with tail fins. If those traits were noticed, he'd would have focused on them. He didn't mean those type MiBs. These guys were nothing more than agents doing their job, investigating what was a potential threat to put together a coherent picture of what was seen by a lot of men on a USCG cutter.

Read the story of the enlisted and NCO security cops who were witnesses at Rendelsham. Same thing happened to them, but they were interviewed by USAF OSI agents. No one, included that wackjob John Penniston, claimed the OSI guys were hybrids with chalky skin. They were simply hard nosed special agents doing their job as ordered.

Bottom line, I believe this Coastie and an indeterminate number of his shipmates saw something like nothing they'd seen before, and were shook up. They docked, each man was debriefed by an agent, and in turn each man was told to keep quiet about what he'd seen under penalty of legal action.

Great story, if try, and one that would be easy to investigate.