Staff
Reaction score
Kokomo Police: Driver claims to be a demon, tried to keep 6-year-old in cab

Kokomo Police: Driver claims to be a demon, tried to keep 6-year-old in cab
TheIndyChannel.com Staff
10:54 AM, Jul 4, 2017
10:54 AM, Jul 4, 2017
Robert_Wetzel_1499178256200_62217631_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Copyright 2017 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Kokomo Police Department

KOKOMO, Ind. -- A Galveston man was arrested after he said he was a demon and tried to keep a 6-year-old in the cab he was driving, according to Kokomo police.

Robert E. Wetzel, 46, of Galveston was taking five passengers from McDonalds on Sycamore Street to Walmart last Friday.

Wetzel allegedly told them he was a demon, stopped the taxi and ordered everyone out.

Police say Wetzel grabbed a 6-year-old and tried to keep him in the cab, but the child's father managed to pull him away.

Wetzel became very agitated, refused to comply with officers and approached them in a threatening manner, according to police.

A Taser was eventually deployed and officers managed to arrest Wetzel without further incident.

He is accused of battery on a juvenile (less than 14 years of age), confinement and resisting law enforcement

And the question is, was he possessed or just crazy?

Reactions: Paintman
It doesn't matter I'm my opinion he's dangerous. They can exercise him from the jail. It does make a handy excuse tho

It doesn't matter I'm my opinion he's dangerous. They can exercise him from the jail. It does make a handy excuse tho
uunfortunately theres quite the due process before you can do that. unless its an emergency and there happens to be a chaplain present

you gotta prove psychological issues arent the cause, and unless the person is incapable of communicating because of the spirit, you need their consent to perform the exorcism. also by law, medical personnel have to be on the scene.

or at least these are the rules imposed by the Roman Catholic Church.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I would say anyone who tries to abduct a child is by definition a demon, but that's too easy. Thank God the father was able to grab the poor kid! I really hate the old not guilty by reason of insanity defense. I'm sure a small number of criminals are "legally" insane, but in a broad sense I consider anyone who is a criminal to be a little insane or they wouldn't be criminals in the first place. It's too easy in our legal system though to call "insane" or "possessed" as a way to try and beat the system and avoid prosecution for crimes committed.

I would say anyone who tries to abduct a child is by definition a demon, but that's too easy. Thank God the father was able to grab the poor kid! I really hate the old not guilty by reason of insanity defense. I'm sure a small number of criminals are "legally" insane, but in a broad sense I consider anyone who is a criminal to be a little insane or they wouldn't be criminals in the first place. It's too easy in our legal system though to call "insane" or "possessed" as a way to try and beat the system and avoid prosecution for crimes committed.
Totally agree

Reactions: Debi
Hey I was just being dramatic. I hate people that do anything to kids. Hopefully he'll get sorted out but I'm not convinced he's really possessed. He got caught and has no defense.

Reactions: Seahunter
uunfortunately theres quite the due process before you can do that. unless its an emergency and there happens to be a chaplain present

you gotta prove psychological issues arent the cause, and unless the person is incapable of communicating because of the spirit, you need their consent to perform the exorcism. also by law, medical personnel have to be on the scene.

or at least these are the rules imposed by the Roman Catholic Church.
Those are the rules and for good reasons. If you watch the news, especially in many third world countries, many are accused of being possessed and many times forced into strange "exorcisims". Many DIE because of the lack of those rules and those masquerading as exorcists doing things that are actually evil and dangerous.

Those are the rules and for good reasons. If you watch the news, especially in many third world countries, many are accused of being possessed and many times forced into strange "exorcisims". Many DIE because of the lack of those rules and those masquerading as exorcists doing things that are actually evil and dangerous.
I know. It's barbaric

Reactions: Lynne and Debi