MAGICAL CENTERING, GROUNDING, AND SHIELDING

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
You may at some point hear someone in the Pagan community -- or in a book, or on a website -- refer to the practices of centering, grounding, and shielding. In many traditions it's crucial that you learn to do these before you begin working magic. Centering is essentially the foundation of energy work, and subsequently magic itself. Grounding is a way of eliminating excess energy that you may have stored up during a ritual or a working. Finally, shielding is a way to protect yourself from psychic, mental, or magical attack. Let's look at all three of these techniques, and talk about how you can learn to do them.

More at source: How to Magically Ground, Center, and Shield

Very good reading. My dad does stuff with energy that was similar to the discription. He learned it on his own. This protection seems a good idea regardless of religion. What do you all think ?

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Very good reading. My dad does stuff with energy that was similar to the discription. He learned it on his own. This protection seems a good idea regardless of religion. What do you all think ?
It's a must. Especially if there's weird stuff happening I your home or to family members

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
I simply won't work with energy without doing all of the above. Everyone has their own way of working with it, but I do believe most use the basic format that is described above.
Lynne, your dad sounds like he simply has natural talent and was able to figure it out. I learned some on my own, but much came from training with a very skilled worker.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter