LaPorte, IN UFO

I called the Michigan City Tourist office this afternoon, the lady I spoke with was not aware of the UFO report. She said there are occasional aerial banners in the area, but she didn't remember one over/near the beaches last week. While we were talking, she found the video on line. After watching it, she was able to tell me the video was shot very near the Laporte Municipal Airport.

With that I called the airport manager who told me she had seen the video, and had already gotten two other calls about the sighting. She said the video was shot within a mile of the airport, and seemed perplexed how the object had not been seen by the airport staff. She did agree the object looked like an aerial banner, and volunteered there had once even been an aerial banner business at her airport. Like the lady at the tourist office, she didn't remember seeing a aerial banner (or blimp for that matter) locally last week.

I called the Michigan City Tourist office this afternoon, the lady I spoke with was not aware of the UFO report. She said there are occasional aerial banners in the area, but she didn't remember one over/near the beaches last week. While we were talking, she found the video on line. After watching it, she was able to tell me the video was shot very near the Laporte Municipal Airport.

With that I called the airport manager who told me she had seen the video, and had already gotten two other calls about the sighting. She said the video was shot within a mile of the airport, and seemed perplexed how the object had not been seen by the airport staff. She did agree the object looked like an aerial banner, and volunteered there had once even been an aerial banner business at her airport. Like the lady at the tourist office, she didn't remember seeing a aerial banner (or blimp for that matter) locally last week.
Good digging, Duke! Which still leaves us with a mystery.

Good digging, Duke! Which still leaves us with a mystery.

Maybe not. The airport manager's position was she didn't understand how the airport staff could have missed the object, she said her people were out on the ramp continually servicing/refueling aircraft. So if they didn't see it, perhaps that's because it wasn't there. A hoax?

Maybe not. The airport manager's position was she didn't understand how the airport staff could have missed the object, she said her people were out on the ramp continually servicing/refueling aircraft. So if they didn't see it, perhaps that's because it wasn't there. A hoax?
I'm still a little concerned over the corn height? I know, there is a chance it may be that mature already if someone got that in pretty early, but it just seems like it doesn't fit the date this was supposed to be filmed. A little thing, but still makes me wonder.

I'm still a little concerned over the corn height? I know, there is a chance it may be that mature already if someone got that in pretty early, but it just seems like it doesn't fit the date this was supposed to be filmed. A little thing, but still makes me wonder.

I remember the old "knee high by the 4th of July" corn adage from back in the day. Friday I'll be out in farm country, will take corn field photos. It will be one week later, but a reasonable comparison I'd think.

I remember the old "knee high by the 4th of July" corn adage from back in the day. Friday I'll be out in farm country, will take corn field photos. It will be one week later, but a reasonable comparison I'd think.
I live between two cornfields. Mine aren't looking quite that mature.

I was looking at corn fields yesterday. I suppose the corn could look that tall if the camera person was standing in a lower spot. And change the perspective.

I was looking at corn fields yesterday. I suppose the corn could look that tall if the camera person was standing in a lower spot. And change the perspective.
OK, so I actually woke up this morning to hear the farm report on WOWO. They did report that corn is at least 2 weeks ahead of normal growth this year due to weather up there. My theory is now busted.

Reactions: Paintman
OK, so I actually woke up this morning to hear the farm report on WOWO. They did report that corn is at least 2 weeks ahead of normal growth this year due to weather up there. My theory is now busted.

After we exchanged posts on the issue last night, I started thinking about what taller-than-expected corn would mean. Could only be two things, either the photo wasn't taken where or when claimed. We know the first scenario isn't a concern since two people (tourist office & airport) from the area identified the location immediately. We know exactly from where it taken, thus eliminating that variable.

The "when" would seem to be problematic more so if the corn was too short, indicating it was taken earlier than reported. Knowing exactly where the field is, it being too tall could only mean it was taken in a previous year. If we assume the video is a sham, what would the hoaxer gain from using a photo from a season (or x number of season) ago? Wouldn't it make more sense the object has been added/altered rather than playing around with something (corn) that defines a time line for the event?

One other point the airport manager made that I forgot to mention is the location/direction of travel of the object would have put it over a significant number of people in the area. Why was it only sighted/recorded by one guy? I just checked the local Laporte newspaper from 13-18 July, no mention of a UFO. I think this is a video hoax.

Last edited: