L.A. Marzulli on Ground Zero tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this queued up to listen to in a bit. It should be interesting... if there's one thing that annoys me about Clyde, it's his tendency to get shouty with people whose Biblical knowledge might not match his own. I would rather he explain how that person is wrong, or is taking something out of context. Anyway, I don't think there will be a problem with Marzulli not being Clyde's equal on the subject.

I have this queued up to listen to in a bit. It should be interesting... if there's one thing that annoys me about Clyde, it's his tendency to get shouty with people whose Biblical knowledge might not match his own. I would rather he explain how that person is wrong, or is taking something out of context. Anyway, I don't think there will be a problem with Marzulli not being Clyde's equal on the subject.
There appeared to be no problem at all last night. In fact, if anything, Clyde was extremely respectful with Marzulli...I missed the first 45 minutes, but otherwise it seemed to go well. I found the info on pre-Biblical history very interesting.

Just got going with this... the audio is muffled for some reason. I even downloaded it again because I thought maybe iTunes had grabbed a bad copy that got replaced on the server later, but it's the same. No biggie, just a quick equalizer adjustment in Amarok.

I love LA Marzulli. All the pre-Adamic theories are fascinating.

So far, it doesn't seem like you missed much in the first 45 minutes. Mostly set up material.

Reactions: Debi
Just got going with this... the audio is muffled for some reason. I even downloaded it again because I thought maybe iTunes had grabbed a bad copy that got replaced on the server later, but it's the same. No biggie, just a quick equalizer adjustment in Amarok.

I love LA Marzulli. All the pre-Adamic theories are fascinating.

So far, it doesn't seem like you missed much in the first 45 minutes. Mostly set up material.
I've read several of his books. Looks like I'll have to get the new one.

I've read a couple of his books, and watched the first 3 installments of the Watchers series. Clyde was very respectful! Oh, and I loved the caller's comment (after Marzulli's segment was over) that inbreeding would explain politicians!

Do you plan to see Noah? I will, but it won't be until it's on Netflix or cable. Although I have to say, from everything I've heard, they could have made the same movie had the eponymous character been called Oscar. It sounds like the only things they kept from the flood story are the flood itself, the ark and the name Noah. At that point, why not just make an original film?

It actually sounded like Clyde likes Marzulli....lol! Can't always say that about guests with a religious theory where Clyde is concerned! Yeah, loved the comment about inbreeding...explains so much, don't it? ;)

I don't go out to see movies. Besides the expense, it's way too uncomfortable for me to sit in a theater for 2 hours. After all the reviews I've read, probably won't bother when it hits DISH. Perhaps they should have put this one under the Sci-Fi genre? I'll just spend my money on one of L.A.'s books! Haven't watched the Watchers series. Any good?

Clyde is continuing the discussion started last night....no L.A. but expanding the meme.

The Watchers (1-3 are the ones I've watched) is a well-presented series, and it is interesting, but I think the intended audience is people who might not already have an interest in the subject matter. It's been a while since I saw them, but I don't recall learning anything I didn't already know. It did have a nice coat of fresh paint on it though. :)

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.